CREDITS
CHARACTER LEVEL
NEXT LVL XP
Nexus LVL 19
NEXT LVL 1655 A.V.P.
Journey to
Mass Effect Andromeda Roleplay
the Stars

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Curiosity killed the spaceman, Majora | Mission #3
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Human

Profile:Explorer

Relationship:Single

Played by:Pat

It had felt like forever since Damian piloted a shuttle, The Nexus’ suspicion towards him likely preventing any attempted ventures into the new space. Attempting to get means by which to do so were annoying , not many people he could talk into it. Luckily the second in command of Apex was someone he could convince into offering a little vessel. Something that could propel him through the vastness of space towards the subject of an interesting message.

All it took was the promise of a few favors, some a little too explicit to talk about in polite company. Instead of dwelling on it, he looked through the shuttles frontal window to the wreck of a ship floating through the massive chunks of rock, some seemingly having impacted the ancient vessel. This sad looking ship that had been ruined by what he assumed were eons of chaos that permeated through the universe.

”Looks like as much of a wreck as the messages said.” He muttered, fiddling with the helmet while considering everything before him. Navigating through the small field was a little difficult, let alone finding a spot that he could dock without being smashed into tiny little bits. Just imagining it filled him with both fear and a certain amount of anticipation.

Danger always managed to make him excited, and this was the height of danger. Not going into the wreck would have been a grand mistake he didn’t want to let himself go through. That came with his inability to really avoid anything fun, interesting or everything in-between. Owing a certain Delecourt was well worth it, enough so that he couldn’t help smirking.

Thrusters moved the shuttle through the debris field, sussing out a small rip within the hull that he could go through. Front facing lights illuminated the thick darkness that oppressed the interior. A few fragments of space rock floated through the vacuum, bumping off one another and even hitting the wall. The interior looked like a mess really, but he couldn’t tell what exactly the section of the ship was. It could have been a lab, army or even a small section of crew quarters. Did unknown alien species even need sleeping places in the same way that species he knew did? Locking the enviornment helmet onto the rest of his armor, he landed onto a small span of metal floor locking onto it; a door sliding open to let him out.

Strapping a pistol onto the back of his armor, the silence that existed in the void crept onto him like a cancer. I never liked walking through zero G atmospheres. They were always so silent and….dizzying. Each step had to be measured, boots magnetizing to the floors while he walked in a comparatively slow pace. Each step felt like it dragged out longer than he would have wanted them to last. Damian stepped through a sizable rip that was once a door and lead into a dark corridor likely deprived by a lack of power. A click of light cast illumination across the place, and began the grand search for interesting stuff.
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Played by:Majora

Being the only person on his ship was sometimes enough for Dick, sure it was quiet but it also meant that the entire ship was set up how he liked it. Food stored that he liked, music selections no one could complain about, and if he really wanted to he could walk around as naked as he pleased and no one could say a damned thing about it cause he was the captain and the Ebony Falcon was his alone and no one else’s. That said he did get lonely sometimes, that was an obvious thing, and he didn’t have the know how in order to install a VI or even an AI if he had access to one so he could forgo that loneliness. But he did have a business to run, which was why he was now in the deepest part of space in the Andromeda Galaxy. He’d received a message from an interested party on the Nexus about a derelict ship that was sitting in space, while it was eons old, apparently there seemed to be something interesting about it, especially given that the person was willing to pay him a large amount of credits in order to scan the ship and salvage anything onboard worth salvaging. That just meant he had to get his ship close enough without damaging it and or disturbing the other ship. It wasn’t too hard he just had to play it very carefully, not to mention he had to make sure he was prepared for anything.

Though of all the things he had anticipated, which ranged from Roekaar to Kett, possibly even Pirates, he hadn’t actually expected another ship to be parked not that far from his target. Especially one from the Nexus, he recognized the colors and insignia anywhere, though a quick scan showed it was currently void of life, though another scan of the derelict ship showed one active life sign. Swearing to himself he quickly made his way to the armory, stripping out of his civvies he slid into the body suit that went on under his Heleus Armor. A form of payment from a retiring gentleman on Kadara, when he’d delivered his daughter safely back to him from the Badlands and a gang of outlaws. He’d actually gotten help from inside the gang, another human, though he swore he was a part of the Initiative, it hadn’t mattered at the time, just that he’d helped free the mans’ daughter. Making sure everything was sealed and he was ready he eyed his weapons and sighed before grabbing an Angaran Heavy Pistol and putting it to his hip, the magnetic strip there made it stick to him like it was a part of his armor, which for the time being it was going to be. Checking the fuel in his jetpack he quickly made it to the airlock and sealed himself in before the door to space opened, and he gently propelled himself out with a perfectly timed thrust.

The distance between his ship, and the derelict ship was minimal, maybe fifty feet at most, but drifting through space was always a sensation to be savored, absolutely weightless, nothing to tether you to the ground, no sound, just your breathing. Closing his eyes a moment he relished in the feeling as his heart sped up, before opening his eyes and aiming for a tear in the hull, not sure where he’d land but knowing he needed to get inside and restore power, and maybe make a deal with whoever was trying to cost him a job. The hole in the hull was large, possibly caused by a meteor, and the design of the ship was unlike anything he’d ever seen before. Once he was within five feet he took a quick scan of the hull and let his omni-tool store the data for later, he’d look at it once he had the time. Once he was guiding himself through the tear he found himself in what looked like living quarters, flat metal surfaces where beings would have slept, a table bolted to the floor with what looked like dents or bowl like suppressions at every other interval. Frowning behind his mask he pushed himself down till his feet hit the floor and he activated his mag boots, feeling a lot more grounded as he was suddenly tethered to the floor. Deciding it was the best time to announce his arrival he activated his Omni-tool and set it to send a wide signal across the entirety of the ship.

”Hey I don’t know who’s here but I’m letting you know that I’m here too, my name’s Dick Moretti, I was sent here by an Initiative Member to scout this ship for possible information and tech. I’m not interested in fighting over this ship so how’s this, I’ll make my way towards the bridge to see if I can return power and whoever else is here don’t shoot me?” He ended the message and bracing himself lifted his foot off the ground and then let it seal against the ground as he took a step forward. As long as people could play nice there wasn’t anything in his arrangement with the person on the Nexus saying that he couldn’t share the spoils of whatever was here. Plus it was always better to work together than try and go it alone, especially in an unknown situation like this, especially given that there was the possibility for more damage to the ship from any number of things. Activating the light in his helmet he made his way slowly out of the living quarters and found himself in a hallway, a quick scan revealed a number of powerlines running towards the other end of the ship, following those he figured he’d they’d lead him towards the bridge if nothing else, and if they led him towards the engine room even better. Though given this was an alien ship of unknown origin there might not be a way to navigate the system unless it was rudimentary.

Dick's Armor
Tag: Damian Whitton
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Damian proved himself ignorant of the other person flying into the sphere of influence the massive alien craft held within space. Small impacts happened here and there, shaking the ship and likely causing the small meteors to fragment from the exterior. How long until the ship was torn apart by something flying through space at high speeds? Not an answer he wanted to learn first-hand, so he began to move through the darkened hallways slightly faster. There was no way he could enjoy his life if he was reduced to space dust. Dying did put a slight damper on the whole thing, so he avoided it. Shadows jumping within the light that moved with him, shaping and molding into different things with rent metal as well as some doors left ajar from lack of power.

It was the silence that really messed with him. Stretching across theoretical oblivion until a voice came across his comm. An unknown one, but one that seemingly wanted to avoid the potential of a fight. Not many scavengers were willing to do that, letting their potential haul be taken by someone else. Now things were getting even more interesting with this Dick Moretti person. ”Lucky me, wasn’t looking for a fight myself. No plans in shooting you yet. Names Damian.” He responded to the message, letting them known he didn’t have any intention to actually fight. Not like he wanted to get the pretty tech shot up by some asshole that wanted it too.

Now that was the reason why he wanted to learn more about the person he was dealing with. Could they actually work together or was he dealing with someone that just wanted to make use of a potent biotic like himself. There was always someone that was willing to do that, even he was if the moment fit. If this person was heading to turn on the power, that meant they were likely looking for where it would power up and he scanned for lines that would lead to one. The walls themselves made it difficult to actually scan any life signs unless they were close enough and from what he could tell that was the case. Where these lines lead he couldn’t tell, but logic dictated certain things.

All things made by organic species tended to follow simple patterns that allowed their survival in space flight. Each step he went forward made him wish he could turn on the artificial atmosphere. Hearing his own heartbeat was beginning to grow annoying even if he couldn’t do anything about it. Doorways branched out from the hallway, many of them going away from position of the highlighted wires. Steadily his steps continued to move him forward, until he noted what looked to be another light. Not from his own source of illumination considering that the position and movement was different.

Now he would have to be diplomatic.

”If that’s you Dick, this is Damian. Please try not to shoot me.” With deliberate slow movement he crested around the small fork, turning to see who he was walking up to with intent to use biotics should something go wrong.
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Thankfully it was only a few minutes before he heard another voice, male definitely, and the way he spoke he didn’t want to get into any kind of fight either which was a really good thing. With his boots keeping him tethered to the ground Dick was starting to think that he wasn’t headed towards the bridge, he would have gotten there by now. Pulling his wrist up he quickly scanned the route he was taking and frowned, he paused in his walking as he looked around trying to find some way to get his bearings. But sounds came from around another corner and he could hear the sound of mag boots detaching and reattaching to the floor, followed by another light source as well as a voice. ”I’m not going to shoot you, even if I was the kind of person who did, I’m not so sure firing a gun in here is the best idea right now, especially the kind I have. I don’t suppose you’ve actually figured out the design of this ship, cause I thought I was headed to the helm of the ship but I think if anything I’m headed towards the engine room possibly.”

It wasn’t like him not to know where he was headed, he was good with ships, he had been for most of his life but without lights or atmosphere this one was seriously throwing him off his game. Turning he was able to make out a bit of the other males features beneath the glass of his helmet and he offered a smile, ”Nice to see you Damian, glad we’re not killing each other…I was only sent here to get a scan of the engines…and possibly some of the other systems that’s all I really want out of this, maybe a detailed scan of the power source as well. You can have whatever you like…so maybe we can help each other out on this then…I was thinking if we managed to get gravity on that it’d be easier than walking in mag boots…that and the kinetic barriers…if this ship has any would keep us from being sucked out into space…hopefully at least. I don’t recognize anything about the design of the ship and my earlier scans said this thing is seriously old…so there’s no telling if they even had Kinetic Barrier technology back then…and if they did…well…who knows.”

Normally Dick wasn’t this fascinated with things, but it was something else to be standing in an eons old ship that had designs that could benefit them today, from a culture and species they knew nothing about. Tapping his omni-tool he fed his scan into his right eye and slowly turned, following the trail of wires down the hall, ”Alright…so this way…I think it leads to the engine room…and I know if I get there I can get some systems up and running…” Winking towards the other male he slowly turned and led the way down the hall, his boots and his breathing about the only sound to be made as they went deeper into the ship. It was another three minutes of dead silence before the pair arrived at a large door that was open revealing what appeared to be the engine room of the ship. Keeping his eye in scan mode he quickly surveyed the area before deliberately walking over to what looked like an interface system. ”Alright here we go…we just need…hey Damian do you see that lever over there…it’s by what looks like a power source of some kind…can you pull it down and see if that powers us up a bit…from there I can possibly turn on the atmospheric systems…and make it easier for us to get around…”

Dick's Armor
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

The first thing he expected to be greeted with was the sound of kinetic weapons firing. Not many people responded well to seeing others in long desiccated ship remnants. Luckily he was dealing with someone that looked as if they were…partially reasonable. There had to be someone that fit the description at some point. ”Does look that way. Ancient alien ship designs are always a little confusing to get down. Engine room might actually be a good thing…all things considered.” Knowing things about old stuff was part of his gig, at least when he was in the Milky Way and maybe even here now. His space degree wasn’t for nothing Afterall, so he like to believe that was the case. Admittedly he hated wearing a suit, always leaving him feeling a little sweaty afterwards. At the very least he was going through an expedition without the silent humdrum of space.

With a sigh, he wished his Omni tool were a little more powerful. Something that could have created a predictive map of the ship itself sounded way more useful, especially to avoid potential hallways missing along with the tears in the ship. Just thinking about it filled him with an admitted amount of dread. Not enough to affect his vital signs, just a small annoyed look behind his helmet. He wondered if his own diminutive size was noted by them, or if that even mattered. Some outcasts tended to see that was an opportunity to get rid of a little competition, but maybe that wasn’t the case here. The statement of him being glad they weren’t killing each other was telling enough, for now anyway. Attitudes always changed when the metaphorical gold was within reach. His suspicious mind couldn’t comprehend thinking in any other way. Hearing mention of what he was here for did fire up his own interest.

”Nice to meet you too Dick.” his mind worked over what he had said along with a few things earlier. Considering how old the ship was, well that didn’t exactly say anything. ”I wouldn’t rule out the possibility. Protheans were 50,000 years older than us and their tech was…well obviously better. Maybe with luck it might have what we’re looking for.” Sure, the Protheans were not exactly the best examples to use but almost everyone from the Milky Way knew the name. It was almost shorthand for advanced precursors the common man knew. Hopefully this guy understood what he was suggesting, and didn’t go shouting accusations. Last person that did found how many ways their spine could fracture until they died. ”I don’t mind picking up a few interesting pieces from here with ya.” He knew someone that wouldn’t mind paying a good bit for it.

They were standing in an old ship Afterall, and he wanted to see what they would have stored on the ship. If it was anything could, he had a feeling he could get whatever he wanted. Without much of an issue he began following Dick, who seemed to have an idea of where they were going. Following things thaty were likely visible with the scan function of the omni-tool. It was a useful little thing when one was looking for something. He did swear he saw some kind of wink through the visor, chuckling slightly. The two of them eventually walked through a door into a room that fit the description of an engine room. It had all the basic parts that he assumed an engine room would have, which meant they were going the right way. The impromptu partner waltzed over to a panel, scanning it over as if it were important.

Walking over to a lever, he pulled it down as things began reacting. The hum of energy began to reverberate through the ship, lights flickering on and some of them staying on even. It sent a vibrant glow through the air, though he couldn’t tell if that meant an atmosphere had been formed through the engine. ”I think that worked.” Damian noted, looking to Dick as if wondering if that were the case.
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

The small chatter he had going with Damian was nice enough, if not downright informative, as much as he knew ships of most designs, most of those designs were of a more modern era, even if he knew some of the more ancient Earth type ships that didn’t help them out here. ”That’s exactly what I was thinking, the engine would have practically everything we need to get the ship running again, at least for a little while. I’m not sure how they did it whenever this ship was made but I do know most engine rooms can operate outside the command of the bridge, though you’d never hear any Alliance ship say that. Bridge is the most important place, it’s why pirates are idiots when they go for the bridge leaving the engine room entirely unscathed. One officer who knows what they’re doing in an engine room can wreak enough havoc to make the pirates want to leave the ship.” Truth be told that was how he’d saved his own ship a few times once he’d gotten one under his command when he’d been in the Blue Suns, that had earned him enough pull to be golden a while.

It was hard to imagine Prothean’s out this far away from the Milky Way Galaxy, Dick knew a fair bit about them, or well maybe a bit more than the average human. He’d dealt with enough Prothean artifacts back when he’d worked for the Blue Suns, it was one of the things that they never messed with. If they ever caught wind of one, or heard about one being handled by other gangs or pirates or outlaws of any kind, they’d suit up, head out, grab it, and then deliver it to the council anonymously, normally for a large amount of credits of course, but still. He’d rather the council on the citadel handle them than someone who had no idea what they were doing. ”Prothean’s…I’m not sure I like the sound of them being this far away from the Milky Way…makes me wonder if we’re going to come across a wayward relay and find it links back to one in the Milky Way somewhere. Though while I’ve handled a few of their artifacts I’ve never seen any designs or schematics for ships…have you? I mean you sound like you’re familiar with them so I have to ask you know.”

It was curious, whoever this guy was he had a little bit of information, and sometimes a little bit of information went a long way, especially in situations like these. Keeping his eye trained on the panel in front of him he brought up his omni-tool and waited for the other male to pull the lever he’d mentioned, and when he did he heard the hum of energy, lights flickering on above them, then staying on which was a good sign. ”Well we have power…but now we have to route that power back into the important systems…from my readings here it’s just in the lights…but it’s a start.” Humming to himself he waved his omni-tool in front of another screen which had flickered to life, unknown alien symbols cam dancing down the screen and he knew there was no way he could read them. ”Well…I don’t understand any of this but…I might have a program that can help…just let me…start a link and work it through my omni-tool.” The program was one he’d often used back in the Milky Way to get other ships he’d found derelict to work for him, even if he couldn’t understand the user interface system.

It took a few silent seconds before a HUD appeared in his right eye, the feed going directly from his omni-tool to his cybernetic eye which was glowing orange in the iris now. Raising his other hand the omni-interface chips in his fingers activated and to his companion it would have looked like he was typing in midair. ”I think….I got it…there are…barriers of some kind…I’m feeding power into them now, and I’m putting power into the atmosphere and the life support system. Damn…this system is resilient…after everything it’s been through it can still work…this is insane…any Alliance system that had went through anything like this would have fried a long time ago, you’d get nothing out of it after this long. Okay…we can take off our helmets now…we’ve got plenty of air…I think we should head to the bridge and see what we can find…also no more mag-boots thank the gods.” Chuckling he pressed a button on the side of his neck and the glass of his helmet slid back as his helmet curved backwards vanishing into a panel on his upper back. Turning he face Damian with a grin, his right eye still glowing but he winked regardless.

Dick's Armor
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Damian enjoyed a little chatter now and then, enjoying trading words with people regardless of who they were. If they interested him, he would even keep them around sometimes. That was how friends ended up getting into his life. ”Pirates aren’t the brightest people in the universe. Never really prove much of a threat normally.” He said with a shrug, remembering when a few pirates had tried to capture him when looking through old sites. Not all of them were Prothean but all of them were full of things that idiots would want to take for credits. Luckily money was not so important in this galaxy, even if some clung to the stuff. Not that he had expected the Prothean’s to actually be out here. It was always possible that other civilizations had managed to live out here. Hopefully Dick wasn’t the type to take metaphors very seriously otherwise he would have to facepalm.

”Probably not but it’s always possible. Was just using a known example.” He brushed that off with a shrug, giving no information about whether he actually knew anything. Not like The Citidel would actually let him look over a proper ruins. Humans were just not trusted enough, him specifically for reasons. Unstable biotics tended not to be allowed near such important finds. Either way the power began to flicker on, causing the vital systems to come online slowly. That was shown by his suit revealing a growing atmosphere within the ship. Maybe something that was breathable? Most of that was due to Dick actually causing the systems to turn on through some manner of program.

”Well aren’t you handy?”He noted with a smirk, clicking a switch and causing the helmet to recede. His hair was now allowed to breath, eyes a mismatched shade of green and blue considering dick. Heterochromia was not a common thing for humans, yet here he was a living example of it looking to the male. ”It’s nice to know I’m dealing with someone that knows what they’re doing. Was expecting to have to walk through here in totally darkness.” He drew the pistol from the lower section of his armor, checking it and nodding with an almost pleased smirk. He did return the wink regardless, enjoying whatever that could have implied. Not all social graces were something that he understood.

”There might be information in the bridge that could prove useful to operating the ship, or a proper map. If we’re lucky there might be archives of some kind on board.” Now he was getting excited. The possibility of finding historical information was tantalizing. He inhaled, looking around and nodded. ”We also might want to make this quick. With the power on the Kett might scan us out here.” Damian added, already working through where he assumed a bridge might be found. After that he began walking.
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

”Normally they don’t but if you happen to have an entire ship filled with pirates then you tend to have a problem, they’re like ants…one isn’t too bad but if you got more than five you have a serious problem. And if one of them happens to be smart, well, that’ll be interesting to see one day, a smart pirate, wonder if they’ll be ruthless or like an actual pirate?” He grinned a little bit as he watched the HUD moving through his right eye, the scan of the immediate area showing that the power level was rising throughout the ship and that different areas were slowly powering up, even though there weren’t commands being given. He took a moment to study the alien symbols that were crossing his vision and he frowned a little, a hand moving back and bringing back a few key symbols that he thought might be important. ”Maybe not but it doesn’t hurt to toss ideas around I mean…if we didn’t start doing that before we found the Archives on Mars, what do you think Earth would be doing right now? Probably still somewhere in an industrial era instead of one that advanced us a few thousand years in technology.”

At the mention of being handy Dick ran a hand through his hair pushing it back from his scalp as he smirked, shrugging his shoulder nonchalantly as he watched the other male remove his own helmet. Once it was gone it was interesting to see the face beneath the glass, handsome, intelligent eyes, but maybe also something else, it took a certain kind of person to come out to a space wreck all alone. ”Thanks I try to make myself as useful as possible when I’m out and about, plus, staying inside the suit the entire time usually makes me want to run naked after a certain amount of time.” He noted that Damian was also a rare bird, two mismatched eyes stared into his own hazel orbs and his grin widened even more. He chuckled as he checked the HUD in his vision again, making sure the power levels weren’t fluctuating or anything, he wanted to keep an eye on them just in case. ”Well we can’t have such a pretty face shrouded by all the darkness now can we…lights gotta shine so everyone can see just how handsome you are Damian.” Grinning a little wider now he watched as the male drew a pistol and checked it before attaching it back to his hip, a wink returned to him making him smile wider.

Checking the Ushior at his hip Dick made sure it had ammo in the chamber before reattaching it to his hip, his attention caught by Damian and what he said about the Bridge of the ship. It made sense, especially since there was power now there might even but some sort of lighted path to the bridge. It was sort of amusing, as his attention turned back to Damian how excited he looked at the moment, it was kind of a turn on to see someone so into what he was doing. ”Well alright then, lead the way Damian and I’ll bring up the rear…yeah I second the quick part we really don’t want to be caught out here with our pants down so to speak.” He tilted his head to the side as he watched Damian walking from the room, his eyes lingering on his backside with a wide grin. After a moment he turned his attention back to the entire engine room and took a step back, poking a few keys he did a full scan of the room, making sure that he got every inch that he could, since that was what his buyer wanted, though he might find more in the bridge. Turning back he quickly followed behind the other male, catching up to him rather easily since he didn’t get that far away from him.

”Well I got my scans of the engine room, there’s probably more in the Bridge…I could probably like you said download an entire schematic or something. So…Damian what brought you all the way out here by yourself…it’s not every day you come across a lone salvager, especially in Deep Space.” He was rather curious, and it was true one didn’t often find someone by themselves doing a salvage job or exploring deserted ship. They usually had backup of some kind in case things got dangerous, since this guy was by himself he was either a bit crazy or he knew what he was doing. Either option was kind of intriguing to Dick given the situation, as they walked he kept his scanner open so that he could map their progress so far, the map he’d built was crude but it showed the ship was a bit bigger than he’d originally given it credit to be.

Dick's Armor
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Pirates were rarely ever an actual threat to him. Overwhelming biotic power tended to do one favors, especially when he wasn’t dealing with anyone else who had such potent abilities. However that was a rare thing to encounter, so Damian didn’t let that possibility ever bother him. Instead his mind was focused on the here and now. ”The moment I actually meet a smart pirate...well that might make things a little interesting.” Damian dismissed with a wave of the hand. It didn’t take a complex scan of the ship to see that everything was powering up, and likely giving the possibility of finding a more important section of the vessel. Perhaps data cores or even weapons that were lost to the times. What the male was doing he couldn’t guess, but the alien symbols interested him. Wait, he was just seeing things again. He sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose and feeling a small headache coming on. Things like that always happened when the triggers came about.

”Earth probably would have been stuck hundreds of years behind everyone else. Not that some would have thought it was a bad thing.” Turians being among those detractors, ones that despised humanity and their...tenacity. Luckily he had someone that was pretty handy when it came to tech, otherwise he would have been left trying to understand everything without any extra help. Even thinking on having to live within that squalor was just terrible, something he didn’t even want to think about. Human kind didn’t deserve to be stuck in a state like that. At least, he didn’t want to be stuck in a place like that when there was so much fun out in the galaxy. ”Good to know there are some people out there that can appreciate good looks. Especially when they’re pretty good looking themselves.” It was auspicious to say that he was wearing armor at this moment.

For now they needed to find the lit path to the bridge, something that would allow them better control over the vessel. So much could be done from that point, and his mind was abuzz with the possibilities. Pretty faces would have to wait until he was done with what he was doing here. Even when he had his gun strapped to his waist, Damian was more than ready to draw it when needed. ”Well, be sure to keep your eyes on the rear. Don’t want anyone sneaking up on it.” He stated with a suggestive air about his words, leading the two of them along what he thought to be a lit path. Occasionally small pillars rising from the floor and casting sickly pale blue light across the corridor. An unconventional way to light their ships but he didn’t question it.

It was nice to have someone checking him out, despite the fact that things were a little...well tense. ”Well I would have brought someone with me but not exactly supposed to be here. Apparently i’m a threat or whatever so I need a close eye. Damn frog doesn’t know what he’s talking about.” He was a massive threat, not just a simple threat. Luckily ripping holes within the hull of The Nexus just didn’t jive with him or it would have already happened. Imagining Tann’s face as he was sucked out into deep space almost made him want to do it just for the thrill. Luckily the people that made this ship valued windows, and that gave him the chance to notice a shadow passing over the nearby one. He walked over to see what looked to be an odd ship coming close. Either that was a species of aliens they hadn’t met yet or these Kett he had heard so much about.

”Well I hope you’re good in a fight because we might have some company sooner than expected. Not that it doesn't sound fun or whatever.” In a span of minutes rather than longer.
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

If anyone ever needed a smart pirate he was pretty sure that that person was in a whole heap of trouble that wouldn’t end well. But still it’d be interesting to see, especially since he could maybe name one or two smart pirates who weren’t exactly pirates, and he hoped he never ran into them ever again. ”That’s the last thing we need out here…smart pirates with smarter ways of hurting people…now if they were like the old pirates of Earth, I might not complain so much, at least they had a code of honor.” Though it was kind of hard to imagine a Sea Pirate in space, eyepatch and all given their state of technology versus what it was back then. Now they had Eezo and mass effect fields and FTL Drives, they didn’t have to use wooden ships, and journeys across the ocean were done for pleasure now versus anything else, and they didn’t have to take months unless it was a pleasure cruise of sorts. He wondered what the ship they were on was for, what it could have been doing so far from wherever it was meant to be with no one on board, no bodies.

It could have been they’d fled because of the damage to the ship, or maybe the ship was disabled and the beings on board were taken by force or something. There was no way to know for sure unless they got to the bridge and maybe found some logs or something, anything to give them a highlight of this ships final moments. Walnut colored eyes shifted and glanced over at Damian, frowning a little as he saw him pinch the bridge of his nose as if he were in pain. His comment about Earth and humanity was a little worrying, ”No, I could think of maybe two or three species that wouldn’t have minded us still being outside of space travel, but at least they are the minority. Though to be fair, I think given the chance we might have redone a few things so that we didn’t come across as hostile as we did. Not that it was just us, the Turians were at fault too, I mean we’re both sort of a shoot first ask questions later kind of species.” Sighing as he moved towards the other human he studied him a moment, wondering if he was alright.

Thankfully it seemed whatever had caused Damian pain for the moment was gone, given his attitude and his compliment aimed towards Dick. Smirking the male slid a gloved hand through his dark hair, pushing his bangs back over his head, ”If I wasn’t able to appreciate good looking folks I would have been out of a job a long time ago, and thanks, also a sweet talker, I might just end up liking you after this Damian.” He chuckled as he turned back towards the wall where he’d been looking earlier, his cybernetic eye interfacing with HUD, strange alien symbols danced across his vision and he wished that he could translate it. The most he’d be able to do was copy everything and bring it with him, he was sure his buyer on the Nexus would have a field day with all of it regardless. Damian’s words came across loud and clear, making Dick smile and chuckle as he followed behind the other male, eyes trained directly on his rear. ”Not a problem, I’ll cover the rear and make sure everything is taken care of, can’t let anything happen to such a nice lookin’ fella after all now can I.”

Walking along after the male he kept his omni-tool on scanner mode continuously, he wasn’t by nature a jumpy man, and even in the belly of a foreign ship of unknown make, he wasn’t jumpy. Even with what he assumed were lights rising up out of the floor to light their way, which, made no sense to him, that had to be a hazard unless whoever created the ship could float or something. As quiet as it was, Dick would have preferred that they’d kept talking, and apparently Damian didn’t was either psychic or felt the same as he spoke about frogs and being a danger, or at least a threat. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who he was speaking about, walking up closer behind him, Dick took a glance behind them before sighing, ”Tann wouldn’t understand what’s a real threat versus something or someone he can’t actually control…he’s a terrible judge of what is good and bad. Unlike myself of course, see I happen to think that you are a very, very useful person to have around Damian. You’re smart, you know how to do things, and while you might have a thirst for adventure you’re not suicidal which I like.”

Still walking he actually bumped into Damian who had stopped walking, and followed his gaze out the window to see of all things a Kett ship. It was just a scouting vessel which wasn’t too bad, maybe eight to ten Kett, nothing too serious, unless it had one of those Kett that could camouflage itself, then they might have problems. Stepping closer to Damian his hand went to the small of the males back as he leaned close to his ear, his warm breath tickling the shell of it as he spoke, ”I’ve been known participate in a scuffle or two, don’t worry I won’t let them take you away and experiment on that pretty face of yours.”

Dick's Armor
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

”Well the old pirates got the romanticized treatment. Space pirates aren’t as fun really.” Just people riding on a ship through the void of space and killing people for their supposed valuables. Not that he cared about anything someone else would have beyond things that actually interested him. Luckily the headache faded quickly, a faint reminder that he was dealing with antiquated biotic tech. Something that he wasn’t so sure about letting be switched out by potentially incompetent surgeons in a new Galaxy. Either way the conversation moved to people that would want humanity back in the age of industry. When traveling through space was something that resided as more of a dream. ”Can’t really undo people attacking you.” Was all he said, recalling information a few datapads had given about the incursion. Maybe it was human leaning propaganda, but then again he was a little biased based on many things.

Hearing someone actually compliment him was nice all things considered. ”Try not to get too attached.” He smirked, meaning it despite the whimsical tone that perforated his voice. Few people wanted to actually be attached to him and his transient way of acting, always going where he felt like would be interesting. Either way the males flirtatious tone was something that amused him, even enough to make him want to stay around for some time. Having someone stare at his rear like this was even more amusing, which might have explained why he was playing into it. Either way he had an easier time trashing Tann and his rather abyssal reputation.

”I promise i’m more useful than that too. I’m sure you’ll find I know how to do a lot of things.” More’s the shame for anyone that went against him. Not that he imagined many people would know much about him beyond the fact he was short and potentially crazy. Being bumped into as he spied the ship outside made Damian blink, looking around and then back to Dick before the Kett vessel. It looked oddly built, with an unknown architecture and design in mind. Well he did wonder what they were looking for, but perhaps it was just seeing what had caused the ship itself to power on. Breath brushed over his ear, sending a small shiver through him. Even then Damian didn’t respond beyond an inquisitive hum, turning back to him with a quirked brow.

”Well aren’t you sweet? I’ll have to show you a few skills of mine.” Without thinking he played back into the hand resting on the small of his back before making sure the weapon he had drawn was fine. ”They’ll likely come through the nearest opening in the ship, so we should set up somewhere around there.” The other male knew more about that, so he would let them lead from there.
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Dick snorted and nodded, ”That they did…romanticized out the ass…you ever see those pirate movies made back in the early two thousands? About that captain named after a bird and he had the ship named after a rare pearl…romanticized out the ass…I mean…at least the guy who played the other guys son in one of the sequels was good looking, the dad wasn’t too bad either.” Smirking as he chuckled a little, reminiscing about old movies that were so out of date wasn’t something he’d pictures himself doing any time soon. Plus he didn’t really know anyone else who watched old movies from Earth besides himself, and he watched a ton of them, before they all turned space themed after the discovery of the Archives on Mars. And even more so after the humans were invited into the Council space, given a chance to be on the Citadel, everything humanity had once thought of was only capable in movies. Glancing over at Damian as he mentioned not being able to take back being attacked, there was a soft orange glow in his iris as he quickly looked away, ”Preachin to the choir here Damian…preaching to the choir, praise be, amen.”

Hopefully the other male hadn’t noticed his eye, it wasn’t as if it bothered him for people to know, it’s just some found it weird that he had a cybernetic eye and always wanted to know the story as if it were cool or something. Thankfully their flirtatious banter was keeping both of them more than occupied, especially given he was getting to see more than he’d bargained for. Especially if he just changed a bit of the settings on his optic eye he could go right beneath the males armor, but to be honest he’d rather Damian be the one taking the armor off, right in front of him. At his words about not getting attached Damian smirked, ”I’ll do my best, but I can’t make any promises Damian, I’m a sentimental kind of guy when it comes right down to it.” Which wasn’t exactly a lie, though to be fair he was alluding to other things which he was quite sure that Damian could figure out on his own. At the mention of Damian being able to do a lot of things Dick raised an eyebrow, his lips quirked into a smile as he chuckled throatily, ”Well…I look forward to seeing everything that you can do…and more Damian.”

That of course was before the ship showed up and he was sighing, his fun time might be over but the banter didn’t have to be, besides, trying to seduce someone on an alien ship wasn’t exactly that easy, even if it did have a breathable atmosphere. As close as they were with Damian turning his head to face him with a quirked brow, Dick just smiled, knowing he could lean in and just steal a kiss, but rather wanted to be given one voluntarily. ”I’d love to see some of your skills Damian, I’m sure you’ve got quite a few talents to show off.” Smiling a bit wider he leaned in a little closer as the male pressed back into his hand, his hand taking a moment to slide lower over the curve of his rear in the armor before he was patting the males hip and nodding, ”You’re absolutely right, they’ll more than likely come in through the largest tears in the hull which means we need to go forward quickly.” Smiling he slid his arm back around Damian as he launched himself forward, blurring through the air as bright orange Biotics flared into existence, the pair dashing quickly down the hall as if it were nothing but a blur passing them by.

Reaching the proper destination Dick glanced around and saw another hallway heading off in the direction he was sure the bridge was, keeping his arm around Damian’s middle he leaned in close to his ear. ”Right behind us is the hallway that leads to the Bridge…how would you and your sexy bum like to move that way while I hold off our incoming friends. I’ll be able to retreat down the hall if I need to, most Kett drones can’t hit the broad side of a barn, and to be fair the barn has certainly knocked them out before. “ Even if what he said made absolutely no sense he patted Damian’s ass before sliding sideways to hide himself behind a tall thick damaged power conduit. He pulled both pistols from his sides as he watched the area in front of him, his eyes flickering towards Damian and the entrance towards the bridge, making sure he got everything he had said before he turned back to face the rends as one, two, three Kett fell through holes in the ceiling, staring around them in surprise.

Dick's Armor
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

”At least when your ship breaks in the water you just have to wait for whatevers in the water to eat you.” Reminiscing about old movies was nice, something he could label under architecture considering the many conventions in movie making that had been done in that time. A few movie making practices survived to this time, and were even taken on by some of the galactic species in how they did things. Soon enough even, maybe people in Andromeda would start making movies about their experiences. What videos would they make about this new cluster of their lives? Limitless potential really, and he had a feeling they would waste it all by blowing themselves up. Knowing people, that was exactly what they would do instead of working together like supposedly enlightened species would do. This was why he didn’t actually like people. Either way it appeared like he was dealing with someone that understood what he was talking about.

He wouldn’t have even noticed the eye unless it were pointed out, considering it was just a thing that existed. His eyes were something that someone always had to point out, as if it were an oddity within itself. ”I’ll keep that in mind.” The male was supposedly sentimental, but he guessed that was a joke. Not many scavengers were of the sentimental type, especially when they wanted to make sure they could secure whatever haul they found from potential rivals. No hard feelings usually, but then again this guy was willing to share. Not the norm for space faring outlaws who likely had the idea of profit firmly within their mind. It wasn’t as if many of them even cared about the historical or even potential for advancement; not that he didn’t mind getting money from it. In the end Damian had been forced into survival mode, something The Nexus did not agree with. Either way their flirtatious banter went on, and all he did in response to the inquiry about what he could do was wink.

There was much that one could do and he wanted to make that part a surprise. ”You’ll get to see me in action soon enough. I promise I won’t disappoint.” In what sense they would find out, but for now the suggestion was obvious. Unless they weren’t going to fight the Kett and were more interested in relieving that tension building between the two of them. It didn’t take someone with the eyes of a hawk to see that the male was running a hand along the rear of his armor, likely hoping to get a feel of what was under when this was all done. If it went well, he might have even been willing to oblige that desire. Not like his body was doing anything like reacting negatively. Yeah, he had a few ideas of what could be done after getting a copy of the information here. That was when the male showed off what looked to be biotics after saying something about him likely being right. Bringing him with was just a show of skill honestly.

”Color me interested Dick.” He noted with an inquisitive hum, turning around to the hallway that likely lead to the bridge. ”Alright, just try not to get yourself killed then. I’m just starting to get interested here.” A pat on the rear and he was off, dashing without even a backwards glance as his mind began working over what he could fine. The guy should be able to handle himself while he did his thing. Looking over the bridge, he noticed that it was one of the most protected sections of the ship. Maybe the shields had been focused most here because there wasn’t even much damage in it beyond the degradation that came with floating through space. To see such a mighty vessel be reduced to such a state was sad, something he didn’t even want to think about. Immediately his attention fell to the largest looking computing station and ran to it, a massive piece of technological marvel.

Without preamble he began trying to activate the computer, working over it with his omni-tool and hoping that something he did worked. So many things running through his head by this point, a mixture of jumbled thoughts and vague images until the screen before him lit up. It cast an orange light across his face as a small amount of data in the large scheme of things began to flash across it. ”Now this looks good.” He smirked, removing a small seeming thing from the hip of his armor and beginning to download the data onto it. He had a few minutes until the Kett likely pushed here, which meant no wasting time and maybe he could do something about them in turn. That would have required working the ships systems rather selectively. Regardless he left the small trinket there and moved back to the door that looked into the hallway that Dick was likely fighting, waiting for him to rush through before laying down a few shots of suppressing fire with his pistol.
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Hearing Damian tell him that he’d get to see him in action made Dick more than a little excited, in more ways than one, and he was glad that his armor reminded him it wasn’t the time to get that kind of excited, especially as there wasn’t much room to be excited in his armor. ”Keep making promises like that Damian and I’m going to hold you to them, I fully expect to see you doing badass things soon.” He chuckled from the spot he had taken up, waiting patiently for the fun to arrive, knowing full well at most he’d give Damian five to eight minutes to do what he needed in order to get information or some sort of thing happening with the Bridge of the ship. Thankfully it seemed Damian was interested, and a hand patting his armor covered bun was followed by an order not to die, as the male was starting to get pretty interested. Laughing Dick just shook his head, ”No worries there Damian, I very much don’t plan on dying, I’ve got at least forty more years of life left in me, maybe fifty if I push my luck as much as I can.”

The moment the other male was gone Dick was pulling his Sidewinder out, the upgraded model was a version seven, he’d been meticulously working on it since he’d first made it himself. It housed an extended magazine, extended barrel, the material was light weight, and the recoil was lowered. Over all it had the thing punch like a canon at three times the rate of fire while also not having to worry about misfiring. When the first three Kett came down through the kinetic barrier keeping the vacuum of space at bay Dick fired four shots, two into the surprised forehead of one of the Kett, and then two into the kneecaps of another. The first died instantly while he blew one of the knees out, not both because of the stupid shielding, well he knew he wouldn’t make every shot, but he certainly planned on trying. The injured Kett hit the floor hard, screeching as Dick aimed another bullet for its head, silencing it as the third opened fire on his position, bolts of red energy flying at him as three more Kett joined the first one, ”Well…I guess it’s time to show off just a little bit.”

Holstering his sidewinder he slid his hand to the small of his back and pulled out a white pistol with a blue light on it and aimed for the middle Kett. When he fire it let off an odd sound, and he fired again. When nothing immediately happened the Kett laughed at him thinking he’d missed and Dick just waved, motioning to the alien’s chest. There sitting square in the middle of his armor were two glowing orbs, that were pulsing faster and faster before they exploded, incinerating the one Kett and tossing the other two out of cover. Grabbing his Sidewinder back he held one gun in each hand, quickly dispatching the one Kett that had been flung over his cover. The other Kett however was already on his feet and firing at Dick, his barriers absorbed a few shots before he had to duck behind cover, reloading the Sidewinder as he glanced back over his cover, four more Kett had decided to jump down through the shielding which meant he had maybe about another two minutes before he had to retreat down the hallway and the pair of them had to come up with a new escape plan.

The other problem was he didn’t know how much damage the ship could take before it started losing its structural integrity, even with the barriers holding if he caused enough explosions the ship might just power off or explode itself. Then again he could be wrong and the ship could be built like a tank he hadn’t the slightest idea and he wasn’t sure he wanted to test it. As long as he timed his shots and was careful he’d be able to keep the damage to a minimum, hopefully at least. Aiming with his Scorpion he fired four more times, obliterating the shields of the Kett before he would put a bullet in them, but they were tenacious and didn’t go down easy. Finally with another three Kett falling from the roof Dick swore and fired his full clip of grenades before dashing down the hallway towards the bridge. He could just see Damian there and he winked at him as he slid into the room, bracing himself on the other side of the wall, breathing heavily as he waved his gun down the hall. ”I…I think that went well…they might even surrender if we both fire at them”

Taking a few hewavy breaths Dick aimed his scorpion down the hallway and fired a few times, he managed to catch two Kett that had gotten too close and they both were blasted back down the hall. Glancing at Damian Dick smiled, "So...how's it going in here?"

Dick's Armor
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

If he could, Damian would have changed his middle name to badass because that was just how he saw himself. Being gifted something few humans could actually claim was nice enough, though he always believed himself to be a maverick beyond the limited biotic. There were so many ways that one could use mass effect fields, and the chaos they could cause is a wonderful thing. ”You’ll get to see soon enough.” That was a promise despite the fact that he didn’t actually call it one. One thing the male did was hold to his word, despite how sometimes he tended to twist that word to his benefit when the time came. Luckily this was not one of those times now. Instead he planned to get the data in the bridge, kill anyone in his way and get the hell out of there before anything could stop him. A simple enough process really, one that didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out. Considering he was not one, that made things a little easier. Maybe Dick had some truth to the claim of having that many years left in him, or he was just blowing hot air. Either was possible, despite him not caring one way or the other.

Regardless the two separated and he began setting up a means to siphon the data from the largest computer. In this instance his guess was right as data in unknown languages began to funnel into his small unit, one that he had made sure to stock to the brim with data chips. How much he was dealing with was unknown, but Damian had made sure to have his programs sort through things rather than just downloading it all. Luckily junk data always had similar processes, and could be sorted through with sophisticated enough software. That software was something that Damian managed to take with a little ingenuity. He was sure his current partner was wrecking things well enough, reducing the Kett to nothing more than tacky corpses and making them not a problem for him. Not that a small group like this would have actually threatened Damian to any real degree.

The sounds of gunfire and explosions reached the room, suggesting that things were fun and he was likely missing out on that fun stuff. Eventually dick did join him, looking a little winded from what he would have guessed was a fight and he was throwing out some supporting fire. Not that a gun was something he needed to actually do that. Just had to save energy, considering that he was running low on anything that could fuel this biotic temple of his. ”They might do that but I have a better idea.” Damian said with a wicked smirk, feeling the dark energy spark around his right arm. ”It’s going pretty great in here, but I think i’ll take a slice of this action if you don’t mind.” The color of it, well it matched something called dark matter as an umbral black spark that quickly coalesced into something else. A shield of sorts that formed before the arm it sparked around as he quickly jumped out and forward into the fray.

Rounds collided with the barrier that came upwards, ricocheting back at the senders. Most of them hit the walls, but some of them hit the very kett that were firing at him. Normally a standard backlash would have given out under such pressure, three or four guns firing on it. However he was no normal biotic, so nothing like this would be able to take down his shield as he watched one of them go down from a backfired shot to the head. Taking a few steps back he hid behind the corner of the door. ”Sure you don’t mind but yeah. I’m a biotic.” Popping back around, one of the keyy were wrapped within the black field, lifted like a ragdoll and slammed down with audible force. Something snapped, but he hoped it was their neck. Their numbers were clearing up pretty quickly, something he was more than fine with.

Either way he knew the Kett would never surrender, so maybe they just needed to learn how death felt.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Voting & Affiliates
RPG-D Reignite UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Vector Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum
GODS AMONG MEN HG Top RP Sites RP Lovers RPGfix
Shadowplay Candyland Couture a resource community Distant Fantasies Code 8
As always, thank you from us here at JTTS.