Add Reply

Down and out, Tag: Theadora
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Geth

Profile:Soldier

Relationship:N/A

Played by:Aurora

Supplies on Kadara were scarce and the badlands was more like everyone for themselves. Together the geth had established their own outpost which they could protect, but even that needed more supplies and power to sustain. Regular excursions out to scavenge were becoming routine for Vara. On that particular day they’d not anticipated a group of raiders to have been lying in wait for them. Maybe their routines were becoming too predictable.

It was a small cavernous warehouse they had attempted to infiltrate. The conflict was over as quickly as it had begun. Vara lay slumped on the ground, having turned off their own processing powers to conserve energy. One leg had been damaged beyond use, holes littered their chestpiece. For all intents and purposes, Vara looked truly dead.

They had been well aware of the risks taken each time they left the safety of their base. Leaving damaged units behind was necessary. A small handful of other geth units along with bodies of organics littered the place, Vara expected the next time they were disturbed it would be either reinforcements coming to collect their wounded or more organics coming to clean out the units.

Either way, Vara had no way of knowing until they were disturbed.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Turian

Profile:Engineer

Relationship:Single

Played by:Atma

Her first shore leave from Casmus's Avadora, Theadora was heading to the warehouse on a tip that a cache could be found nearby. The power armored turian ducked down behind some rocks in sight of the warehouse, grumbling quietly to herself as she checked her Sandstorm and the status of her armor and its energy cells. After a few moments, she peered through the brush only to see the retreating Geth, eyes going wide. She quickly ducked back down, thoughts racing at the implications of Geth in this galaxy. Still, best not to attract their attention, so the Turian waited patiently while the synthetics left.

Only after leaving them sufficient time to retreat does Theadora cautiously scan her area then proceed towards the warehouse with her firearm out. Came all this way, can't let the opportunity go to waste. Despite the sulfurous odor present in almost all of Kadara, she can already smell the stench of death beginning from the organics littering the warehouse after the firefight. Moving quickly between bodies, she records the identity of each and helps herself to supplies that may be useful -- a fair trade, if she is asked, for the anonymous message she will send to any next of kin the next opportunity she has.

This dark job completed, Nasica proceeds to begin inspecting Geth. The ones she can, she at least arranges in respectful positions as opposed to simply how they fell -- one, even, she nudged the optical sensor flanges into a 'closed' position, nodding respectfully as she moves on. At which point she arrived at Vara's body, stopping and looking on as something about this Geth seems different from the others in the warehouse. A check of her omnitool indicates power remaining as well, so she steps back and quietly sends out a ping across a broad range of frequencies, her best attempt at a "Hello, I come in peace." that she knows how to do for this machine.

TAG: Vara
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Vara felt no damage receptors, no running processes or sort of network errors while powered down. A good sign at best, but the Geth was more than aware it’d only be a matter of time before they were uncovered. Systems blinking back on as a message came through, Vara’s optics illuminated once again and their surroundings could once again be surveyed.

“I come in peace” had been the message, an organic entity was communicating. Whether or not that had been their true intentions meant nothing for the geth. They were unarmed and unable to retreat with the rest of the team. Consensus had already reached a choice long ago to avoid becoming hostile. Any attempt to hack into networks would be key to changing that mode.

“You do not attack.” Vara’s warbled voice openly observed while picking up what data it could. Without the rest of the unit to upload from, it was proving to be difficult. “Why is that?” It asked, their head turning to take in more of its surroundings. Parts of both organics and geth lay scattered around. Vara didn’t need to run diagnostics to know the other geth were beyond repair. Their own system, however, still had a high chance of survival if they could get back to some functionality.

Arms pressing against the ground, either side of their body, they pushed against it to position upright and get a better look of the turian female. Clothing indicated they were not of this faction, in fact nothing in Vara’s archives helped on this one. “Would my assumptions be accurate if I were to say you're a scavenger?”

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

The turian stops for a moment, blinking at the optics before letting a small smile sneak onto her face. She replies verbally this time, "Ah, good. No, not a scavenger." Potentially interesting to the geth is that her language is catalogued as an extinct turian language, very little information is available otherwise but a translation database does exist. It is flagged as the language of an obscure colony lost during the conflict turians refer to as the Reunification Wars. Her movements are comfortable, unthreatened; though her words are short and clipped, a sharper and faster tempo than the more common turian languages.

"You are injured. Never worked on Geth. I can try to repair your leg if you wish, though." Theadora stands up, Sandstorm on her back in a holstered position while she moves to some of the inactive geth. "Sad, to see such loss here. If I use parts, it will not dishonour the memory of the lost?" She kneals before a platform that was lost to a head shot, the torso and legs fully intact. Looking back over to the platform that is awake, she waits patiently and quietly for the reply. Despite the grim situation, she is genuinely glad to see this species made the trek as well; perhaps there is some fairness to the universe after all.

The functioning geth platform may also notice that the scavengers' bodies have been looted and handled carelessly, but none of the other geth platforms have been tampered with, perhaps with the exception of any open optical sensors being closed by hand. Strange, though perhaps related to an archaic organic custom of some kind. "Guess your kind wanted a new life as well." she adds quietly as she waits patiently.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Not a scavenger, Vara catalogued that information under what they were learning of this Turian. The geth was in no position to defend oneself from any kind of attacks, so when assistance was offered by the organic, they nodded. Vara got to work dismembering their own leg, working through the armor and circuitry with precision care. A perk of their systems was not having any sort of nervous system or pain receptors like organics had.

Curiously though, the Turian had talked of the other units with some empathy. An unexpected reaction, but by all accounts everything the Turian had done thus far went against Varas system predictions. “This unit does not require memory.” They spoke simply, having misunderstood the organics intent. While the loss in numbers would have an impact on future endeavors, there was no real sense of loss or motion towards the other units. “Recycling units is essential to our survival. There is a finite source of compatible technology available to Geth for the time being.” It didn’t take too long for the damaged leg to be completely removed from their torso. Vara pushed it aside, their lens reaching to the movement and watching it for a moment.

“This unit does not understand your intent for providing physical assistance. There is also a matter of your name and profession to be discussed.” Vara’s warbled voice spoke calmly, their body readjusted slightly to allow easier fitting of a new leg. Some rewiring would need to be done, thankfully nothing too catastrophic for the organic to handle. It’s chest had bullet dents and some non-deadly shots had gone clean through. “New life? No. This unit was built for the sole purpose of ensuring our species survival against the Old Machines.”

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

A small chuckle is the reply to the memory comment, "Sorry. We have rituals for our dead. I was unsure if your kind did as well." she follows quietly. With a quiet efficiency, the turian locates an undamaged leg and proceeds to quite expertly remove the undamaged leg intact utilizing her omnitool. A basic calculation would note that the omnitool is performing outside of expected parameters, as well as with quite a bit of skill. The tall alien does seem to be quite focused on her work as well.

In fact, it is only after she finishes that she looks up and blinking, says "I see a living creature that needs help, whatever the form, and I am going to help. Especially one that has seen such unfair treatment by my species. There was a time that happened inside my species... it should stop." There is a steel to her voice as she says it, a sorrow and a disappointment in existence that would be hard for the geth to read but may be spotted. "Call me Thea. I'm an engineer." she adds in reply to the question regarding her name.

Thea carefully moves the undamaged leg over to the functioning platform. With a soft smile, "I hope this will do. What may I call you?" she asks tentatively, setting the leg within easy reach of the geth platform before stepping back and squatting down without further comment, as if to watch. After a few moments, she seems to think of more to say, "The Old Machines? I'm not aware of a species known as that. That is a new life, though, if anything is. A chance to live, flourish, be our own masters and live the way we wish, amongst new stars." This last statement trails off, a small glimmer of hope in her yellow-gold eyes as she continues patiently watching the platform wearing Initiative colors. A question for later, if ever.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Voting & Affiliates
RPG-D Reignite UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Vector Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum
GODS AMONG MEN HG Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Topsites RP Lovers RPGfix
Shadowplay Candyland Couture a resource community Distant Fantasies Code 8
As always, thank you from us here at JTTS.