CREDITS
CHARACTER LEVEL
NEXT LVL XP
Nexus LVL 19
NEXT LVL 1655 A.V.P.
Journey to
Mass Effect Andromeda Roleplay
the Stars

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

I don't belong here [M], Milky Way
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Human

Profile:Infiltrator

Relationship:Single

Played by:Dane

Jordan could still so clearly see her brothers face for her as he excitedly told her about the Initiative. "Don't you see Jor? This is a chance for us to be together without all their expectations". He was right of course, and she had missed him so terribly since he moved out. It was like a part of her was missing. He was her brother; blod had nothing to do with it. And this was the only way to truly have that again.
Ever since Lucas started rebelling Jordan had started doing everything they wanted. She felt bad for them having so much trouble, that she just couldn't seem to add on it. After all, they had given her everything she had. And over time she became so sweet, innocent and proper. Looking back she knew she had missed a lot of rudimental teenage experiences, and she even blamed them a little. Instead she had become the perfect student so she could get into the perfect student and pick a prestigious specialty.
So she told him she would go. Hoping life might offer more. She hadn't told her parents even though the departure was closing. She didn't know how.

That and so much more was the reason she was standing in the middle of the room looking nervously around. All the people around her were explorers. She was just running... And while everyone was teaming up for the emergency training she didn't know what to do. Who would team up with someone looking like they might puke? The room was huge and full of people, but still she felt alone. Nexus and Hyperion trained separately so Lucas couldn't save her this time. Standing there looking around awkwardly she played with the hem of her gym shirt sighing. I don't belong here.

Scott Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Profile:Explorer

Relationship:Manwhore

Played by:Aurora

Orientation sucked. Scott had hoped with his dad practically running a lot of things behind the scenes he could have gotten away with skipping the whole training and viability test but apparently not. He had honestly expected it though, his father would have rather jumped into a black hole than let his twins ever get a free pass on anything. It built character, apparently.

Standing on the opposite end of the room to Sara he could easily spot her out of the crowd of people. Part of him wished he’d have stuck by her side but watching how easily she talked to other people around her made him more confident he’d done the right thing by suggesting they try going at this solo. From experience, it was harder to make their own group of friends if they were joined at the hip. Not that Scott minded all that much really. Maybe he was overthinking all of this. Should he go over there?

Training was beginning and they needed to team up. Scott took a couple of steps in his sisters direction but stopped with a small frown. Someone else got to her before he could and maybe it was for the best. Hand coming up to run through his hair he sucked in a breath and searched the crowd for someone, anyone, that looked just as lost as he did. Some smaller chick twiddling with her shirt looked out of place and he relaxed. Striding over towards her he broke out into a soft smile. “Tough crowd huh?” he piped up, head gesturing to everyone else around. “You need a teammate? I’m Scott, it’s nice to meet’ya.” His hand extended out to shake hers, getting formalities out of the way.

Jordan Moore
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Jordan was more of a healer than a hurter. In all honestly she had never even slapped someone. Never in a million years would she have thought that she would receive any sort of combat training; even the emergency kind. Would she ever be able to use it on someone? She couldn't really see it. It was just so... violent and against everything she had ever been taught. She couldn't even imagine how she was gonna get through this training. It went against every fiber of her body.

Lost in her own despair the strangers voice made her jump. She quickly turned towards him surprised. What she saw was not what she had expected, of course to be fair she wasn't exactly sure what she had expected. But the guy in front of her was incredible handsome and his soft smile made him seem very approachable and social. Everything she didn't feel as right now.
With a thankful smile she shook his extended hand "I'm Jordan. Thanks for the save". As soon as her hand was freed it was back fiddling with her shirt. "I'm not really..." she looked around not really sure exactly what she was saying, "I've never done anything like this before" she eventually admitted as she looked back at him. In a weird way she felt a bit safer with him around. He seemed so nice, like he wouldn't get annoyed by the fact that she had no idea what she was doing. But she also felt kinda bad. It wasn't fair to him not getting anything out of this because he was with such a scaredy cat. "Maybe you should team up with someone else? I'm not really that good at all this... violence... you probably wouldn't learn that much". She really was just a fish out of water here. Once again her gaze went towards the floor and her fiddling fingers.

Scott Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

“Please, if anything you’re saving me” he grinned, relieved to see someone else as much a fish out of water as he was. Scott had spent years watching over a mass relay, a small security station with little in the way of activity. The occasional raider needed to be fended off, no biggie. “Are you talking about training, or preparing to go to a whole other galaxy?… cause yeah I think it’s safe to say neither have I for the latter.” Scott tried to make light of the situation, maybe enough to put her more at ease. He was never good at reading situations and toning his energy down to fit them. Scott had no chill and more often than not it showed.

When she suggested he partner up with someone else his expression softened and he gave her a nudge with his own arm. “Hey c’mon, you got this. What’s the alternative? You gonna quit?” He knew she was being sincere and it saddened him. Scott barely knew her but he wasn’t about to let her give up on herself now. Since she was speaking truths he probably should too. His head rose to look back to the crowd. Almost everyone was paired up now and instructions were being given out. “My dad and sister have been beating my ass since I was a kid, if there’s anything new to learn here I’ll be surprised. I can show you some ways to defend yourself instead, how's about that?”

People began to spread out, sparring and Scott started to take a few steps back to make some space between them, another toothy grin when he gestured she came at him. “You ready to be a badass Jordan?” He’d teach her ways to counter attacks. Maybe just knowing she could protect herself would be enough for today. Anything to keep her pushing forward. Scott hated backing down and he was definitely too stubborn to give up on this girl.

Jordan Moore
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

It was kind of him to say, though she didn't believe it for a second. Maybe he didn't have a partner yet, and maybe by this time a lot had partnered up, but he was way to charismatic not to talk his way out of anything. Still the idea of them saving each other from embarrassment made her smile. Saving; that she was good at.
His attempt at humor only made her smile bigger and more thankful, "Well both. But at least we agree on one thing". God he said it like it was nothing and she was still just trying to wrap her head around the concept. Another galaxy? Most of the time she wasn't even sure if it was real. If it wasn't just some dream, but she had to admit, it would be one crazy dream to span over this much time. "When you were a kid did you ever think you would get to go to another galaxy?" she quietly asked lost in thought.

Okay. She had reached her ultimate highest point of embarrassment. Was a stranger seriously giving her a peptalk? Her parents would have a heartattack if they heard her admit her feelings like this. An upper-class woman never revealed her shortcomings! Then again, Jordan had never been a good upper-class woman. And he had a point, was she gonna quit? Let Lucas go by himself and never see him again? She would be dead long before he even awoke from cryo. Her gaze rose from the floor with just a tiny bit more confidence. Maybe she still sucked at it but at least it seemed like he wasn't gonna leave her.
She was almost sad when his kind eyes left her face and instead searched the room. Though him opening up was the last push she needed. Maybe he was faking it, he seemed kind enough to be a person that would do that. Still there was something about how he held himself in this room full of people about to fight, that said that he wasn't a stranger to this. And honestly she could use all the help she could get. "That's really kind of you! You'd really be my savior then" she chuckled a little nervously. She really was lucky, but she still had no idea if she'd even be able to learn anything or just crack at the slightest chance to hurt someone. Especially someone who was being that kind to her.

When he backed away her first thought was that he had changed his mind. She had made a complete fool of herself admitting all her insecurities. Of course he would take off running. But instead he grinned at her and gestured for her to attack. It did make some sense since she'd need room to maneuver, but she'd never have considered it herself. That was how inexperienced she was. Never been in a school fight. Never stood up to a bully. Never slapped a guy who thought her ass was public property. She had honestly no idea what she was doing, or even how to start the fight. Ready to be a badass? A badass? She was just hoping for anything above chicken.
She looked nervous, confused and scared all in one as she took the first step and then stopped. Hesitantly she took her hands up boxingstyle like she had a seen in an old movie once. She looked to him for confirmation that she was doing it right. But getting her hands up was the easy part, the hard part was actually using them to hurt someone. "I you sure I won't accidentally hurt you?" she asked nervously. All around her the sound of sparing filled the air. She felt so pathetic not being able to do anything. But she had grown up where the grass was allegedly greener, and where you didn't need to fight your own battles. With a sigh she closed the distant he had made between them and she went for a solid right hook - which of course turned into a hesitant right hook.

Scott Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

His light humor seemed to make her smile, maybe even made her feel a little more at ease. At least he could do something useful today. Helping someone else out kept his mind off of his own problems. Ever since his mom had died, Scott had been wanting to be closer to his family more than ever. They were going to Andromeda which meant so was he. Nothing else mattered to him. He could always rebuild a life with his family, he couldn’t imagine rebuilding one without.

Scott lit up to her question, he was the young starry eyed optimist. “Yeah sure... as a kid. I used to think I’d visit a lot of galaxies, and eat ice cream for breakfast every day. Being an adult is a little different than what kid-me anticipated. It still doesn’t feel like I’m leaving this one behind. Is that weird?” He tilted his head to the question, it was the first time he’d mentioned his thoughts or feelings about leaving. His family weren’t really the talk it over like functional humans kind. Well, his mom was and sometimes Sara could be too… but she had her own shit going on too. “How about you? What’s your thoughts on this whole one way trip?”

For a split second it looked like Jordan was about to panic again but when he stopped she seemed to relax. He grinned and shook his head, after today she’ll be her own savior. All she needed to do was put the work in and the payoff would be all her own credit. Scott shifted his stance slightly, no arm raising or anything which looked too intimidating. He was expecting her to come take a swing, so prepared to jump back from it. She brought her hands up boxing style and he nodded encouragingly with a grin. More hesitation. No problem for him, the fact she was trying was enough for now.

“So what if you do?” he asked somewhat confused. Scott had never really considered there be an option where it didn’t hurt even a little during training. His shoulders slacked when he realized that wasn’t a good answer. “Look, don’t worry. I can handle it. I’ll tap out if I can’t, you do the same too kay? Just focus on protecting yourself. I’ll get you to do the same thing once I show you something.” Whatever he’d said or she was thinking got her moving. Scott braced himself again and her hesitance made it a little too easy to lean back out of the strike. Ducking around the unused arm he swung round to her back, catching the arm as he went to bend it around her back. Using the momentum she created he didn’t even need to push to knock them both off balance.

He let her fall forward, but used his legs to catch himself so he didn’t crush her. By the time they were on the floor he was on her back with her arm pinned. Nothing too hard, again he had no intention of hurting her. Letting go of her arm immediately, he jumped back up to his feet and exhaled excitedly from the rush. “You catch that? C’mon again.” He held out his hand to take hers and help her up. He showed her in slow motion what he did in steps and gave her some tips on positioning/grabbing. Stepping back confident he’d guided well he nodded “My turn, don’t hesitate you got this. Trust your instincts okay?” Scott nodded, boxer stance he went at her with a right hook giving her an easy open to get him on the ground. This was gonna hurt.

Jordan Moore
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

He lit up to her question which just made her more at ease once again. Knowing she'd eventually have to hit him it was nice to at least get to know him a little. Of course, he seemed like a great guy which might just do it more difficult. Had he been a jerk she might be more inclined to actually hit him. "Ice cream for breakfast sounds great! But yeah... I think a change like this isn't something the brain will ever be able to understand". Hers definitely didn't. It didn't feel like she was leaving her entire life behind for something she didn't know how would end up. Yes, the pictures of the planets looked like something from a fairytale, but what about the people? And what about her without the pressure of her parents? So much was uncertain, and it scared the shit out of her. "I don't know. I think it's all still so surreal... but my brother's going, and I can't imagine never seeing him again". She loved him more than her parents even though she knew she shouldn't be able to choose. And a part of her felt so bad for leaving the people that had chosen her when her own parents had wanted nothing to do with her. This decision would hunt her, but maybe, just maybe she would be able to run from it.

The shaking of his head just made it even more clear that she was acting crazy. Why was this so hard for her? Maybe because her parents had always directed her and protected her from anything they didn't think useful. She was on her own in a way she had never been before. But with his encouragingly nod she breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe she could actually do this... maybe...

So what if you do? so a lot! Of course, she could fix most things but she still didn't wanna have to go there. Thankfully he seemed to figure out his first comment wouldn't help. "Okay I guess that works. Just promise me!" she still sounded a bit unsure, though it was a lot less than before. She was starting to feel more like she actually might be able to do this and learn something. Maybe this was the start to that new person this could make her. Not that she could ever see herself as a fighter, but maybe just someone that was braver and had a bit more... substance.

So she went at him, but as hesitant as she was probably anyone could have avoided her hand. And he wasn't just anyone. He had told her that he knew enough that he probably wouldn't be able to learn anything from this, so he had to pretty good at fighting. Even if she hadn’t hesitated he probably still wouldn’t have had a hard time avoiding her attack. In a way she felt that as a good thing, at least then she was almost certain she wouldn’t hurt him, but still she couldn’t help but feel that she was wasting his time. Of course, the next moment he had grabbed her other arm and bend it around her back. It barely even hurt, which told her he was definitely holding back as to not hurt her. And she was extremely thankful. Even as she fell head first onto the mattress underneath. She expected his weight to follow, but he had apparently made sure not to smash her, so when he finally hit once again it was without much hurt. She was definitely happy that he had chosen her as his sparring partner, she couldn’t be sure that others would go as easy on her. And once again proving it he let go of her arm and was on his feet in an instant. Something she definitely couldn’t copy. Thankfully she didn’t have to, because as she turned around to her back and looked up he was reaching an arm out to help her up. And even though she definitely did not catch that she couldn’t help but smile as she took his hand.
The momentum sent her stumbling towards him right into his muscular chest. He was tall, strong and carried himself with a confidence that was a bit enchanting. She normally only associated with doctors or medical students, and they more often carried themselves with a confidence that was so arrogant it was sickening. If this was what Andromeda had to offer, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad anyway. Her smile suddenly a bit more shy she took a step back and focused on learning how to copy the technique. She wasn’t a fighter and never would be, but maybe she could be something more once she got to Andromeda. Here she had never really been a teenager – she had never been rebellious; never sneaked out to meet a boy or stayed out after curfew. Never been way to drunk at a party, actually rarely ever been to a party. She had always been just like her parents wanted her; a proper upper-class girl who just seemed so boring. But they had given her everything when the people that brought her into this life wouldn’t, and she would have done anything for them. At least anything except lose her brother. Now it felt like she was on the verge of this whole new life – if just she was brave enough to grab it.

Trust your instincts well… hers told her to turn around and run, so maybe she shouldn’t this once. Still she felt safe around him, so even though he would be charging in a second she stood her ground. He came at her with a right hook just like planned, and it was with an opening big enough even for her to step around and grab his other arm. She bent it upwards not knowing enough about the move to completely make sure it wouldn’t hurt and used the momentum to get them off balance. But once again she knew way too little about what she was doing and tumbled to the floor with him without anything to catch the blunt of the weight. ”I am so sorry! Are you okay?” she tried to get off him as elegantly as he had, but instead ended up fumbling and eventually landing on her ass beside him. She had been right to fear this, after all she was just making a big fool out of herself. Some of the nearest teams even stopped to look at her pathetic attempt to spar. And she couldn’t help but wonder; would she ever truly be an asset to this expedition?

Scott Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

It seemed like Jordan understood what he was talking about, which was a relief because not everyone always did. “Maybe that’ll change once we get to Andromeda.” He smiled at that, part of him was still as giddy as a child being told christmas was coming early. Scott had some reservations but the male was full of optimism. The topic of family followed and he listened with a keen interest to Jordan describe her brother. “Younger or older?” he asked first, twins were more uncommon so it was never something he ever bothered to ask. Whenever Scott talked about Sara it got a range of reactions. He was generally laid back and brushed off anything unsavory. “Family is important, I get it. It’s why I’m coming along for the ride too. They signed up for this so why the hell not. Least we’ll be together whatever comes our way” Scott could have been a little more sad for the life he was leaving behind, but for him it wouldn’t have been much of a life if he didn’t have his family there to sometimes point him in the right direction. Lord knows he couldn’t always achieve that himself.

Scott could see the nerves and reluctance practically rolling off of her in waves. She’d never been in a combat situation before, must have been a whole different kind of upbringing to the one Scott had grown up in. He wasn’t always going to say the right things to help. Frankly he wasn’t there to convince her to fight if she didn’t want to. Scott was persistent though, and he’d keep trying even if she gave up. A stubborn streak his own dad had. He used to say giving up wasn’t the end of things, just the end of you. “Yeah yeah, I promise, of course. We’re here to help each other” he smiled when she seemed to be coming around to the idea. Whatever blocks she had going on Scott would help her work through them if she let him. He didn’t really understand everything going on in her head but the only way they were going to get through training is if they trained. She didn’t know what she was doing, so Scott took the lead. He’d go a little easier on her but keep it challenging enough all the same. No one was going to learn if they got too much leeway, with Sara and his Dad there was no such thing as going easy. It was all or nothing. Scott usually pocketed that frame of mind for other parts of his life, working with others could have a middle ground sometimes. It didn’t always have to be all or nothing.

It didn’t take much for Scott to bring Jordana down within the first few minutes. She seemed to take it all in her stride though, maybe the adrenaline of the combat was finally starting to kick in. Or the fact he purposely tried not to hurt her made her feel more confident in partnering with him. For Scott this type of combat was more like muscle memory, for hours him and Sara would wrestle like this. Wasn’t to say he didn’t enjoy it all the same. It felt pretty fun to be going over basics again. Teaching someone else was always going to help him get better at it too. If he could give Jordana a little more confidence in herself then this would all be worth it. Scott was fueled by the company he kept, if they pushed hard so would he. This empathetic nature of his seemed to land his ass in more trouble than he could dig himself out of. He’d never change that though, such was the way of Scott Ryder.

Catching her hand to pull her back up to her feet, Scott was already on a high. He loved intense workouts or really anything that challenged him to do better. Teaching Jordan might not have pushed him physically but getting through to her and helping her to pick up a thing or two was a challenge in itself. Scott was more than ready for them to keep working at this. The giant goofy grin said as much. Once she was back upright Scott wasted no time getting up close again to show her each step at a slower pace. He tried his best to explain himself so that she could mimic. Of course in a real combat situation this wouldn’t always be the case and she’d need to improvise, knowing the basics to be able to do that was just as important though. He kept it to the point, gave her a couple of suggestions on where to throw her weight and left it to Jordan to figure out when she practiced on him.

Scott walked backwards to the edge of their training matt. The padding below his feet gave him a bit of a bounce in each step. He knew whatever Jordana tried she likely wasn’t going to get it perfectly or as gracefully and that was okay. Scott had already anticipated she’d hurt him a little. That was the point of the training afterall. He was trying to get her to go all out on him, he could take it. There was nothing better than a solid nap or just pancaking with ice packs on where it hurt after a good day training. Was it a little masochistic of him to enjoy the pain? It kept him feeling alive, like he could overcome anything with a little blood, sweat, and tears.

Throwing himself into the right hook he’d done as close to what Jordan had done with her own hesitant swing so she’d have ample opportunity to take him down. Next thing he knew he was landing face first on the mat with his partners weight landing on top of him. He wheezed out a breath of laughter while she scrambled up to get off him. Jordana had done it! First try too!! Scott was so damn impressed he could burst. Rolling onto his back he sat up and rubbed the arm she’d yanked on. It was a little sore but he’d be okay. His partner in crime must have fell back down in her frenzy to get off him. Eyes were on them but Scott couldn’t care less by the glances. They were having fun, “You actually did it, first try and everything!” He pushed himself up to his feet slowly, heading over to crouch beside her, hand coming up to hold her shoulder and give it a reassuring squeeze. “I mean, it could go a little more smoothly and we’ll practice you getting that landing properly... but you’re officially a badass now.” Giving her shoulder a little shake he grinned. “You good?”

Jordan Moore
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

His comment had her considering once again. This was deeper than she had expected from her sparring partner, but to be honest she liked it. Maybe she would have a friend for the trip now. ”Hopefully. Otherwise it’s gonna be a long one-way trip” she smiled at him. Being able to joke must mean that she was getting more comfortable being there, but then again, the fighting hadn’t started yet.
”Older. We used to be close, but he had a falling out with our parents”. She was really opening up to him, but it seemed he was also returning the favor. It was nice hearing someone was coming for the same reasons. Maybe everyone wasn’t as adventurous as she thought, maybe some of them were just as nervous as herself. ”Your entire family is coming? Mom, dad, siblings?” a part of her wanted her parents to come too, but she knew they’d never leave their prestigious life here, and… she knew they’d mess it up. At least Lucas was supportive.

It was clear Scott was enjoying this even if it wasn’t challenging for him, maybe he was even enjoying it more. She couldn’t be sure of course, but seeing the goofy grin he was flashing made her giddy in a way she might never have felt before. He was nothing like the sober, serious types she spent most of her life beside. That in itself made her more comfortable, and even more confident to do this. She shook her body as if to shake all the previous doubt out of her cells.
And then he was on the floor laughing. Laughing! How could he be laughing about getting hurt? In her head it felt like he had to be almost dying. How could someone survive getting a person's weight over them? Of course, she knew the answer for that. She knew how the body worked and how much it could handle. She knew he probably wasn’t that hurt, and still she felt like he had to be dying.
His voice sounded far away as her eyes was on the arm he had rubbed a minute before, it was clearly a little hurt. He was crouching in front of her, his hand on her shoulder, but it wasn’t until he shook her gently that her eyes truly found his. ”Are you sure you are okay? Do you need me to look at anything? I didn’t mean to be so rough”. It was clear most of her fighting spirit from before was gone. It had ended up just like she feared. She didn't know what she was doing, and now Scott was hurting for it. She couldn't do it like him; elegantly and careful.
She shook her head, moving just far enough away for his hand to slip of her shoulder ”I told you, you should have partnered with someone else! What am I even doing here? I’m not courageous like the rest of you…” Once again she tried to get up, and once again her clumsy self had her falling on her ass, thankful for the soft mattress under her. She sighed heavily, her shoulders slumping doing. She was giving up, not to fighting that happened a little while ago, no she was admitting that she was never getting off the mattress.

Scott Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Scott was a pretty easy going guy, he often fit in well with crowds of people. He got nervous of course, like anyone putting themselves out there, but he’d learned the art of acting confident. People in general interested him too. He liked getting to know who he’s working with. Since they both were planning to go to Andromeda it was likely they’d meet again. It’d be nice to have already built some connections. Colonizing a new planet for all the species going was going to keep everyone busy. “It’ll be worth it, just you watch.” Scott promised her playfully.

He hadn’t expected answer to go more in depth about their relationship. Scott had a sibling too so completely understood how the relationship grew and changed as they aged. “So you’re following him to Andromeda? Does he know you’re doing this for him?” Scott couldn’t help but ask, the curiosity would have eaten him alive. He winced at her following question, hitting a still fresh wound. “Yeah my dad and sister are on this ride… but mom passed away not long ago.” He sucked in his lips and shrugged all ‘what can you do?’. He wasn’t wanting to be a debbie downer around Jord and so he preferred to keep his mind off of it.

Whatever he’d said didn’t seem to register, Jord had spaced out until he gave her a little shake. “No, I told you, I’m good. Really. This is nothing…” He tried to reassure her, a small concerned frown knitted his brows together. “...what's going on with you? Talk to me” he added softly. Because from where he was crouching, it didn’t seem like she was doing okay. She slipped back and his hand dropped away from her. He rested it on his leg. It was kind of sad, watching someone want to give up so easily. There wasn’t any forcing her to fight if she didn’t want. Training was mandatory but actually taking anything away from it was more optional. She’d fell back on her ass again and shoulders slumped. Well this sucked.

Scott dropped back onto his own ass, spun round, then lay back dramatically to lay nearby her. His arms came up over his head so it could rest on them. The one she’d hurt wasn’t too bad and he could ignore the ache. I’ll be fine come morning. “Sooo you suck at fighting. No biggie.” He announced his observations and looked up to see if he’d got her attention yet. “Getting those kind of skills doesn’t happen overnight, but you already know that. You’ve probably gotten good at a lot of other things I couldn’t even dream to do.” He mostly talked to himself, partially expecting her to have fazed out again like earlier. “You don’t need to be courageous or the strongest person out there, but giving up when things get tough? That’s going to be way harder to unlearn.” Head tilted so he could stare up through the overhead windows to space. He felt at home on stations. Even now, completely relaxed he lay on the training mat surrounded by others all sparring with one another. Totally at ease.

“I see three options. One, you leave right now and possibly get yourself thrown out of the initiative. I don’t need to point out the repercussions to that one though. Two, we can lie here til training is over. If you wanna do that it’s fine. Then there’s three, which is you getting on your feet and going again.” His injured arm had come up so he could raise his fingers as he counted off the list. Scott would so love to rally her back up again if her could. “Yeah, it’s going to suck ass if we get back up and spar. I can guarantee you’re going to feel like this the whole time. This whole giving up attitude needs to stop, before it makes a really stupid decision for you that you wish you could take back. You’re smart, you’re beautiful, and you have a whole new galaxy at the tip of your fingertips. Don’t let those doubts hold you back.”

Jordan Moore
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Honestly? She believed him. She could see it; the beautiful planets, the time with her brother, and most importantly; a chance to be who she wanted to be without someone else telling her how she should be and what she should want. Yeah, she liked medicine and helping people, but is it what she would have chosen for herself? It was hard to know. After all, her parents had never even asked what she wanted for her life. It wouldn’t surprise her if they had wanted a say in who she married, they were already starting to set her up with other young doctors. Another family dinner had been scheduled for today. It was usually during these that strangers would show up invited by her parents; pioneers in their field and usually more boring than the chair they were sitting on. Andromeda would be a whole new world for her in so many ways.

It felt a bit weird when he said it like that. She was just following him wasn’t she? Just going from following her parents to following him… but after this then no more. No more following. She was gonna lead her own life. ”He knows. It was actually his idea that I should come” to escape our parents expectations but that was where it got too personal for her. Her parents were her problem, a problem she was taking care of. Or well… running away from.
And then she clearly entered a sore subject. It was clear in his change in demeanor. And when he said it, it was like a sucker punch to the stomach. Why did she have to go and ask stuff like that? It was clear he was trying to play it off at less than it was. She was an absolute stranger, so she didn't blame him for not wanting to tear his heart out. And to make matters worse it had to be not long ago. Great Jordan, just great. ”I’m sorry” she felt like she had to say it, even if she could feel he didn't like to talk about it, she just had to apologize for speaking without thinking. Of course, she couldn't have known, but it wasn't uncommon to have lost someone, she shouldn't have asked that specifically. ”So dad and sister, and they are as tough as you? Andromeda don’t know what's coming” she tried turning the subject, hoping she could make him happy again, though she didn't blame him if it took some time.

Even in her confused, scared head his words got through to her what’s going on with you? Talk to me. His voice was soft and it sounded like he truly care, which wasn't something she was used to. Sure her parents had cared, but not in that way, there had been no whining in their house. If she had been sad they would help her, but if they had seen her like this; giving up. Well that would not have been accepted. Still here she was, refusing to believe that she could do something for herself, that she could be more than what they saw her as. She wanted to answer him, but how could she explain something she didn’t even understand herself? One thing was that she didn’t want to hurt someone, but this giving up? Where was that coming from?
Once he was laying down she took the liberty to look at him again. Even as she was giving up he wasn’t giving up on her, and she knew that she was lucky he had approached her. But when he looked up at her, her gaze went back down to her hands. She couldn’t look him in the eye, not until she deserved it. She was listening intently to what he was telling her, it was rationel just like she was used to, but also caring, he was supporting her, even when she was being difficult. And he was doing it for a complete stranger. Normally Jordan saw herself as a good person, but compared to him she just might lose.
His compliments had her blushing a little, but his speech had worked. He was right; she had to stop doubting herself. She was doing this to build a new and better life for herself, one where her actions weren’t affected by another person's expectations. But how could this life be any better if she didn’t even trust in herself? If she wasn’t going to live her life to the fullest she didn’t deserve the spot on the Hyperion, and she was not losing Lucas again, so she had to earn that spot.

With a renewed spirit she finally managed to get on her feet elegantly flashing a smile. She could do this! ”Do you give those speeches to every girl you meet?” she asked with a wink before she started laughing softly. This time she was the one offering her hand to help him up. ”Tell me sir, what move will you teach me this time?” She had renewed power, or maybe actually more than she had ever had before. He was right of course, just like her parents had been, but it was a bit easier to see that he was right as he told her not to give up. She was jumping around on the soft mattress with a giddy smile ready for the exercise, and even the pain it would definitely bring.

Scott Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Milky way was a busy place, no doubt Andromeda would be equally as packed. Whatever they’d find they’ll handle it though. Anything to build a new home. Scott kind of loved the idea of getting old and grey and retiring in some cozy cottage somewhere. He wondered if his dad would ever do something like that eventually. Did he even have ‘retirement’ in his vocabulary? Probably not, but he’d have his kids there every step of the way. No matter what went on between the family they always stuck together. It’ll be awesome.

“That’s awesome, if moving to a whole other galaxy doesn’t build strong sibling bonds I don’t know what will” he joked playfully, he thought back to Sara and was still kind of bummed he didn’t pair up with her for training. They’d have really gotten into it. Competitiveness was most definitely a Ryder specialty trait. Scott gave her a softer smile when she apologized. That’s a common courtesy which should be said when one hears about a death. “It’s fine” he lied, it still hurt but it wasn’t Jordans fault for bringing it up. Scott would just need to get used to this being part of the topic of family. She was pretty good at this whole distraction thing. His smile widened and his hand came up over his head to scratch at the back of his head. Being called tough gave him some good feelings which made it easier to push away the thoughts of his mom. “Hah! Yeah... I’d say they’re way tougher than me” he smiled appreciatively, taking Andromeda by storm was the plan! “I hope we do.”

Jordan was a mess, but not in a dysfunctional can’t do anything kind of way. She was more than capable of looking after herself, that much was obvious to Scott. Whatever roadblocks she had going on in her own head though was a whole other subject. That was going to take a hell of a lot more work than what this training would offer. Scott knew he couldn’t magically fix this with a pep talk, but if he could help her enjoy this short time they had together that’d be enough. Hell, who knows, maybe he’s just made his first friend. He’d definitely love to see Jordan again.

When she jumped back up to her feet without falling backwards and his smile widened. Scott sat up and rested his hands on the ground either side of him, legs left stretched out. “Only the really cute ones” he winked way too smoothly, Scott could never resist some harmless flirting. He acted way more confident than he actually felt and it was fun. He indulged in fun because when else could you? It wasn’t like there was a lot of off time working on board stations. He didn’t expect pathfinding would have a whole lot of shore leave. “They assigned you with a job yet? Know what you’re going to be doing on the other side?” He asked curiously, head tilt and all. Scott knew to let the flirty moments pass effortlessly. Lingering on them would just make things awkward if she wasn’t interested in him. He usually got the picture with someone if they shoot him down immediately.

She reached out to offer a hand and Scott gratefully took it. Being pulled up to his feet he stood right beside her smiling down at the adorable little brunette. Oh how he’d love to kiss that smile. “Sir?!” he piped up in a laugh. He could roll with it. “Well then miss? I’m going to need you to hit me again. Make it good” he spoke smoothly, bracing himself for another attack. Training was back on and Scott would live for every moment they took pummeling each other. This was all a game for him, no real danger was present and he could turn moves into a work of art. Scott was good at interacting and guiding someone new. He tried to make it fun, a positive experience to go through. Maybe Jordan had picked up some knowledge from their time together, he liked to think so.

Jordan Moore
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Damn! That guy knew how to flirt! It seemed effortless and was on a whole new level compared to what she was used to. And truthfully? She liked it! Sure she was attracted to his looks. His incredible looks, but more than that he had turned out to be a really great guy. Someone like him had to have someone waiting for him back home, and yet… it hadn't sounded like it. So she did what any sane woman would have done, she responded. Of course, she wasn't gonna make it too easy for him. As she rolled her eyes and shook her head of him, she also flashed him a smile that told him the truth; the flirting was welcomed.

The subject was changed, and to be honest she didn't mind. Sure she would love to flirt more with him, but this wasn't really the right time, after all they had training to get too! But before that she was gonna answer his question ”Well I’m here as a doctor. Initially for the Hyperion, then I might get relocated after we dock at the Nexus”. It was around that time that she realized that even though she thought she knew the guy, she still knew nothing about him, so he got his question back, ”What about you? Know your posting yet?”.

She chuckled at him as he went along with her. Who didn't like to be overly polite once in a while? ”As you wish” she responded, but even with a confident tone her punches were just a little hesitated. She still wasn't a fan of the idea of hurting someone.

That evening

It had been a few hours since she had said goodbye to Scott and left the training room. A little sore; a lot wiser. Still it didn't feel like the end to their story, or she knew it didn't have to be. Sure they had had a nice time at training, but if she really wanted that handsome man to see her in an entirely new galaxy full of new wonders she had to do more than that. And she really wanted that. Not for some unreal romantic story like from the movies… okay maybe a little for that, but mostly because this was her biggest chance to have a real friend once she got to Andromeda - and she was not throwing it away. Some of the others had talked about grabbing a beer later, and it had seemed like Scott was up for it. This might be her last chance to get to know him better, so she had to take it.

So she did what any woman would do if she knew she was gonna meet a handsome man later; she spent hours getting ready only to go for a natural look so he wouldn't even see it. She showered and curled her hair just the tiniest bit so that there would be more life to it. She spent way too long trying on clothes only to go for a simple long-sleeved black dress. After all she was just going for a few beers, she shouldn't look like she was on a date. And still, she had wanted to at least make sure she was looking nice.
She found the local bar with only a little trouble, and got herself a beer before she looked around the room. Of course, it didn't surprise her that she could just follow the sound. A handful of faces she recognized from training, and then the handsome one that made her smile as she closed the distance to them. ”Got room for one more?” it was an open question yet her focus was on Scott. How did he feel about having to spend time with her away from the simplicity of the training mat? Would he be the same great guy once it wasn't mandatory.

Scott Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

“Well damn, now I know who to come to if I get hurt” he laughed with a shake of his head, she had brains as well as looks. He knew the bare basics of medical care to keep someone alive out in the field but having a trained med on board was always way better. “I’ll be on the pathfinding team, first out there looking for planets we can colonize. Any preferences on where you want to live? I’m taking requests” It was dorky as hell but Scott entertained himself. Being in a colonization war with other species was going to be a real rat race. That and when they encounter other species native to Andromeda. There was no if about it in Scotts mind.

Jordan was back in the ring! Throwing around punches like she was almost confident enough to. Scott didn’t say it but he was more than proud of her for at least trying. That took a lot of guts to get back up and do again. What an awesome training session that turned into!

~Later that evening

Scott showered and changed out of the uniform after training. Some of the other people there talked about hitting the bar afterwards and he couldn’t resist that. Winding down after a long day was completely necessary for a happy healthy mind. At least that's what Scott told himself whenever he indulged in something he probably shouldn’t. He got to know some of the other people that were going. Hanging out with them making more friends beat the hell out of being stuck in his temp living quarters. That girl going through his mind on repeat.

The brunette had left quite the impression on the young starry eyed pathfinder. He’d contemplated hunting down some contacts to message her, but then again how creepy could that come across as? He didn’t want to push his luck. If they ran into each other again he’d say something about staying in touch. He was starting to kick himself over not having done that already.

Empty cups on the table a few of the others were already way ahead of him on drinks. Scott was trying to catch up without getting too stupid. One drink down he was on his second one when a familiar voice, head spinning his eyes lit up. “Jordan, you came” he greeted with more enthusiasm than he’d intended. Probably the only person he actually wanted to see tonight. Then his brain registered she’d actually asked if she could join and he snapped back to reality. “Oh hell yes, the more the merrier. I’m just with this bunch for the company, we can always go do our own thing too. You a better dancer than you are a fighter?” He didn’t want her thinking they need to be tied to these people. Scott would literally sit and hang out with whoever would let him in the bar. He had no qualms with finding company and having fun.

Jordan looked way prettier than he’d remembered at training. Was that even possible? She’d had her hair down this time, plus the simple black dress complimented her curves way better than the uniform ever could. “Sorry I feel like I’m staring, it’s just wow, you look great.” He’d been wearing a navy blue shirt with black pants with a brown belt and shoes. Nothing crazy but smart enough to turn the occasional head. Scott only had eyes on one person that evening and she was standing right in front of him. “So what’s your flavor? I’ll get this round.” He gestured her to come with him to the bar. She could have just as easily taken his seat at the table where some of the other people were hanging out. A few stood around the table but were still part of the little group which had congregated. People were mingling pretty damn well in this bar. Might be because they had one thing in common; Andromeda.

Jordan Moore
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

”I hope that’s not the only reason you’d come by,” she smiled shyly as the words left her mouth. He had flirted with her earlier, but she still couldn’t quite understand how a man like him would be interested in boring her. Maybe he was just very flirty by nature. No matter what she enjoyed their little flirting, and she wasn’t going to let her insecurities stop her.

Pathfinding team? So he was an actual badass! Of course, it only made him more attractive. ”Well… Somewhere sunny with a nice ocean view.” That was the dream, a nice uncomplicated life in another galaxy with a view.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

His head spun around as she spoke, and his enthusiasm made her blush a little. So, he had wanted her to come? That was a start, maybe he also felt a connection? She certainly hoped so, but only time would tell. He wanted to dance with her? How did he manage to find all her weaknesses? ”Well my parents had me taking classes in formal dancing, but other than that no. I’ve… never actually been to a party expect for boring charity galas,” God she felt stupid admitting that. Once again she was reminded of how much she had missed by spending all of her time studying, and she hated it. Felt like a little girl again. It was embarrassing really, honestly who hadn’t ever gone to a party? Except for Jordan, she had to be the only one. That much she was sure of.

He was looking at her like he was truly seeing her for the first time. Taking all of her in. She felt both flattered and shy at the same time. Not sure how to react until he finally spoke, making her smile big, but also a little shy again. Now that he was standing she could take him in once again, and he was looking damn fine! He had been plenty handsome at training, but this was on a whole new level. Once again she couldn’t believe that he was showing her attention, the man that could have just about anyone. ”You don’t look too bad yourself Scott.” That alone time didn’t sound so bad right about now. She bit her lower lips as she had thoughts she probably shouldn’t have about the things they could do if they were truly alone.

There were a lot of people in the bar, but only one had her attention, and he was standing right in front of her wanting to buy her a drink. ”A mojito would be nice.” Jordan had always had a thing for the earthly classics, it was just something that couldn’t be topped. She started moving as she talked to join him at the bar. Sure it would be nice to get to know some more people but that wasn’t really a priority right now. Not when Scott was standing there telling her she looked nice and offering to buy a drink. All that time getting ready was well worth it having him look at her like that. As they got to the bar she took a few big sips trying to finish the beer she had already bought for herself. ”Is this what soldiers always do – fight and then get a beer after?” she looked up at him from her cup. It wasn’t really something she knew anything about, come to think of it there was a lot of regular stuff she knew nothing about. It was like she had been living in a bubble, and only now had it blown opening up for the huge universe she only had been able to look out on before. There was so much to learn before her curiosity was satisfied.
”Oh!” she put her drink down suddenly more serious, ”I never got to thank you for earlier. You were amazing. Thanks for being so patient with me, and for being such a great teacher.” As she spoke she lifted her hand to gently touch his arm. It was just something that she couldn’t resist. Even through the shirt she could feel the heat from his skin, and the large muscles of his biceps.

Scott Ryder
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Scott Ryder

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Voting & Affiliates
RPG-D Reignite UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Vector Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum
GODS AMONG MEN HG Top RP Sites RP Lovers RPGfix
Shadowplay Candyland Couture a resource community Distant Fantasies Code 8
As always, thank you from us here at JTTS.