CREDITS
CHARACTER LEVEL
NEXT LVL XP
Nexus LVL 19
NEXT LVL 1655 A.V.P.
Journey to
Mass Effect Andromeda Roleplay
the Stars

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

See you around space cowboy, Axios D'espoir
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Human

Profile:Explorer

Relationship:Interested

Played by:Gallant

What a sentiment to hear from the lips of a comparatively younger person. One still full of life and hope. Axios both missed and admired that in people, yet he too had already begun witnessing signs which indicated the Nexus’ eventual downfall. Not a pleasant one either. Resources dwindled on the regular, only to occasionally spike, but he wondered how long that could be sustained. You could only fight against the tide of the ocean for so long, and when they were out here in the unknown without support of much of anyone, and their own odds were frail he didn’t care for that. Like Jack before him, he forged a path of his own will. If only he had the damned resources to do better, but in this desolate wasteland there wasn’t always hope. Havarl was not a friendly planet and couldn’t support everyone, let alone being the possibility of having such an action viewed as invasion by the locals. A silent groan rang through his mind.

Numbers and calculations are immensely valuable. But remember, having a vision or hope is also needed to carry that forward. Can’t just give up. Not if we want to survive, at least. Talk all you want. I’ll listen. I wish the Nexus Command folk were more open to ideas other than their own. Ones that held potential and asked little of our already small caches of resources. Plenty of potential out there. Just…not so open minds.” Axios didn’t know if Nathaniel reciprocated any of those philosophies or thought patterns, but having them out in the open between the two as he sipped upon the freshly brewed tea…he could hope that in the very least it would offer some light or ability to relate. The other didn’t seem like the hasty sort, nor the one to have a pre-disposition on an argument. One they may very well not be directly involved with, yet had also experienced by way of ejection. Removal from their hopeful job and excused as naught more than frivolous and fantastical ideas that couldn’t be supported. It was a pity anything ever got treated that way, where Axios instead saw potential.

We need more people like you though. You seem…hopeful. In the very least. But you also have the ability to serve evidence to support your thoughts, from what I can tell. I can’t say from experience from working with you. You just carry yourself that way. Most other scientists just base everything on theories coming from nowhere. Which is fine, and all…but where’s the hard science to help get things started from those ideas. You seem willing to look for those. Am I wrong?” He sighed. The tea had been finished, but stimulating as the conversation was, Axios wanted to linger. Hopefully not to the point of intrusion or making the other uncomfortable, but it had been a long time since he found someone of this caliber or intellectually engaging. “You’re right though. It is terrifying. What makes you stay together though, if I may ask? Everything around you has some degree of chaos, yet in here you seem to have some degree of serenity. Does your love of plants and science help that? Family? Friends? Hope for making a difference?

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Profile:Engineer

Relationship:Single

Played by:Pat

”Hope is a hard thing to hold onto when people can’t speak any sense, but you’re right. Can’t give up hope yet.” Nate knew he would go mad if he gave up on any chance that he could thrive within Andromeda. It would have been a disservice to both Sammy and Adam if he gave up. Those two people that did everything they could for him, how they would look if he betrayed that trust within him. ”If we had more open minds, I doubt we would be suffering as much as we were. Only thing that would change everything is if the higher ups were changed entirely but that’s what caused The Exiles to be exiled.” History had lessons, and ones that had to be learned from If they were to survive in a dangerous galaxy. How things had gone so downhill, he didn’t even want to consider that depressing thing.

He had come out of cryo with ideas. These things that could be done to undo the damage done so far by so much strife and misery through incompetent leadership. Not that Nate wasn’t willing to work with them to improve everyone's lot in life; even those that had ruined everything in the first place. His mentor had told him that people never truly appreciated genius until some idiot stole the idea and claimed creativity. Books upon books espoused the evils of greed. How people were brought low, and even ruined because they were dissatisfied with their lots in life. Salarians were no different than humans in that respect.

”I’m willing to do what I have to do to help people. Even if that means going against authorities that don’t know what they’re doing. Well, especially when I have to do against those type of people,”Fingers absently traced along the cold exterior of the mug, a way to keep himself stimulated even while he conversed. ”What I want requires support, especially from someone with some kind of standing. Otherwise all I deal with is red tape, mounds of red tape.” Antiquated terms, things written in datapad transcriptions of novels humans read long ago when they were bound on strips of dead trees. He could never tell why such a thing was practiced, but those stories long ago were a small source of amusement when he put his attention into them. In the end it was another thing that he was worried about being lost within these times of trouble.

”How I keep so...serene is a tough one. I could say I just keep hope that some day someone will get sick of how things are going and change everything. For now though, I just have my brother and Adam. Only two people that keep me from going off the deep end here. I won’t lie, the plants probably help a lot too. I always need something to keep my mind occupied.” Nate admitted, sipping the tea which still held its warmth. ”I’ll admit I wasn’t big on plants but that changed with time. Now I have to learn everything I can...it’s what I do.”

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Now that was a curious mark for someone whom touted the benefits and carried himself as though the botany taking place within his residence was his very livelihood. Grim, for one light, but also a truth underlying that Axios could admire and respect. Few people often stood under the dim glow of honesty rather instead shrouding themselves in a false sense of security that everything would be fine. It wouldn’t be — at least not if no one did anything. You had to fight for your right to survive, and have a plan of sorts in action, no matter how rudimentary or flimsy it was. True, the more solidified such a route was, the more likely you were to succeed, but you needed something to start. A very basic premise of which to set your life upon. Goals, in essence.

He could only sit and listen, gingerly tending to the cup in front of him until it eventually ran dry, out of minor disappointment. Enraptured by the thought span the other had shared with him, it didn’t take a gleaming eye to witness the fact that Nathaniel was passionate about his beliefs, if only restricted by the commonwealth expectations of the present leadership. A disappointment really, but one that the pilot could sympathise with in dear relation. They didn’t know each other, and although they most certainly had different trains of thought, they seemed to arrive at the same station. Humanity, and the other races out here, couldn’t subsist upon their current path. Change needed to happen. And Tann was making that virtually impossible. “Red tape. Bureaucracy, is something I’ve dealt with nearly my entire life. Fighting from one mission to the next to do things my way. Kesh eventually saw things in my light that sometimes if someone was credible enough you just needed to give them a free pass and let them go. But those opportunities are rare. Exceptionally so. I can’t promise anything, but maybe someone will eventually recognise you, just as I got lucky.

He sighed. “That said. Don’t wait for it. Get your ideas together. If they don’t listen — make them listen. Hard evidence and factorums to prove your theories. Slimy and idiotic as he might be, Tann would be outright out of his mind to ignore something that had veritable proof that could serve to better our existence in Andromeda. Hell knows we need some positive shimmer of hope here. Otherwise we’ll have another uprising. And no — that isn’t me suggesting I’d spark one. Just one of those trains of thought, that history repeats itself if you don’t learn from your mistakes.” A groan followed that statement soon relaxed as Nate spoke briefly of people he considered family, a loose smile articulating onto Axios’ visage as he listened, reaching a hand to the middle of the table to drum his fingers, ensuring that the now-empty cup was safe from falling off the surface.

Hold on to that. May seem silly, or small. But whatever keeps you anchored, or happy. Nexus can’t afford to lose a bright mind like yours, or a smile for that matter. They wouldn’t know what hit them.” A genuine grin formed, accented by a friendly wink coming from the blockade runner. “Thank you for the tea. One of the better caffeinated drinks I’ve had out here. Fresh, at that.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Profile:Engineer

Relationship:Single

Played by:Pat

Nathaniel had read about Citadel politics and their existence before humanity came to the galactic ring. So many people that were unable to accept things that would improve everything they had. Sentient species tended to be unable to really accept the new, and humanity was no difference. Andromeda was no different than them either. ”I’ll have to hold out hope that someone will take interest in my work. Unfortunate that still waiting for the day that happens. ” He hummed, looking down at his cup which was steadily running low on tea, though that was expected really. Having something like tea was a rarity, but one that he felt like indulging in once in a while. Axios was of the mind that he shouldn’t wait for opportunities, but instead make them himself.

All sentiments he could agree with, but to an extent trying to make opportunities could lead to him sharing the fates as so many people that were on The Nexus before him. Exiled to god knows where with nothing, except for maybe a planet of criminals that would eat him alive. Even then, points still were made and valid ones at that. Tann would have been an idiot in ignoring anything that would improve their existence in Andromeda. However, he had a feeling politicians were not always the most intelligent of people. ”I wouldn’t be surprised if someone sparks one up. With what I know of the last uprising and current circumstances, it’s very likely we’ll deal with one. Unless our higher ups decide to actually change their way of doing things.” All things that he had thought of, and fears that many people likely also held.

This was all something that needed getting adjusted to, even through months of being here. Still he accepted the fact that he did have people to care about, and that meant not giving up hope. He didn’t know what to do with the wink, except for perhaps blush a little like the dork that Nate was. ”If only they could see it that way.” He managed with a small smile as the compliment towards his tea managed to clear some of his own awkward grace. ”I tried keeping a few leaves for growing. They were pretty hard to get but I have my ways.” A small amount of bragging, but he felt like he was warranted towards getting that. ”Coffee was not as easy to get, requires a little more to grow properly.”

He seemed lost in thought for a second before returning to attention. ”Do you want anymore tea? I think have enough for another cup or two.”

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Enjoyable as the conversation has been amongst the two, Axios could not help but ascertain that the intellect before him may have lived an oft-sheltered life in his earlier years. One devoid of any major conflicts, save perhaps familial debates, and not many if any decisions which affected people on a whole. Then again…few people ever surpassed those criterion, but that did not outright make them uninteresting. Before him he could see someone with a bright mind, one to develop and was still quite malleable yet also quite willing and able to think for themselves. Although they may yet have been new to what life presented on the darker side of the human ego, and that of many other species, there was still a glimmer of respect within the scientists’ eyes. Something attempting to reach out for a like mind that saw hope in others, if not by their resourcefulness, then their spirit. Sometimes even both if the stars aligned. But now was neither the time nor place for a deeper dialogue between them.

He could see that he’d invaded the other’s personal sanctum, making him somewhat reluctant to do so. His omnitool confirming the next order of shipments to be delivered to an outpost only confirmed his suspicion that maybe he’d stayed past his welcome, and although it was most certainly agreeable and pleasant…he didn’t want to betray that. Or worse, delight into too much of one good thing. Nate was someone who put him at ease, likely due to his innocence, and although Axios’ inner mind warned him against trusting anyone after seeing what Jack was capable of…there was little doubt in his mind that if you went searching there were good hearted people out there. The kind who didn’t only seek for improving their own lives, but also cared about helping others. With no strings attached. He couldn’t be certain that the scientist in front of him was one, but there was at least a shred of evidence.

I’d love another,” he acknowledged at first, “But maybe another time. I don’t want to intrude too much into your time or privacy. And I’m almost certain our local Krogan taskmaster is wondering where I’m at. Have to admire her diligence at times, though, strict of a schedule as she keeps.” A flicker of a smile turned into a smirk and a wink was shot towards the host of their brief interaction. “And don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Even if it’s just growing caffeine, you’re making a difference. But from what little I can see here? People will eventually realise your worth. You’ve got a good head on your shoulders. And a bright mind.

With that, he quietly but passively rose from his seat before bringing the cup to the washing basin. “Thank you, again. It was…nice, if not relaxing to get away from the grind for once. And a good reminder that grim as it is out there, there are little shines of light when you least expect them.” Flashing yet another smile, he parted ways with the scientist courteously before sending his contact information once more and heading out the door.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Voting & Affiliates
RPG-D Reignite UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Vector Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum
GODS AMONG MEN HG Top RP Sites RP Lovers RPGfix
Shadowplay Candyland Couture a resource community Distant Fantasies Code 8
As always, thank you from us here at JTTS.