Suicide Squad, tags; Scott & Apollo
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Human

Profile:Infiltrator

Relationship:Daniel Fawcett

Played by:Sissy

user posted image

Phin had never signed up for APEX and was not considered to be amongst their ranks and yet she found herself joining them on missions from time to time, she was a skilled engineer who could handle herself in a fight if needed. Her skills as a sniper didn't go amiss either and if she was honest, she would have volunteered for this even if she hadn't been approached. The Kett were some scary motherfuckers who seemed to cause trouble wherever they went, they needed to be dealt with and this was one way of doing it.

Phin had been to Voeld more than a few times and each had been less than ideal. She had her fair share of battle wounds but on the inside and the outside but each time she went back it felt like the first time. Phin hated the frigid cold but it was something that she could get used to as time went on. What she did appreciate was that she was in a mission with not one but two APEX members that she trusted, Scott Ryder and Apollo Peltier. She knew them well enough to know that she could trust them with her life, hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

The three of them accompanied a few others to Voeld in order to try and scout a Kett compound for potential information to take back to the Initiative. It would be dangerous but what in this universe wasn't?

It wasn't the mission or even the Kett that scared Phin all that much, it was more the fact that she still had yet to sort out the screwed up nature of her head. Not that she went to anyone about it, she had gone to the infirmary once or twice due to passing out but they hadn't really found anything and she refused to go back when she discovered that during her blackouts she had murdered people. Now that was not something she could easily get over nor could she go to others about it.

No, she had to keep herself busy and shooting at Kett from a safe-ish distance seemed pretty distracting. If that wasn't distracting enough, she had both Apollo and Scott to look at cause damn...they were both gorgeous and she was lucky enough to know what they both looked like naked.

"So as far as missions go, how suicide-y is this?" She asked, glancing up at Apollo with a half smile. "And how miserable will Scott be when we find him? If I have to hear him whine about the cold for too long..."
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Profile:Sentinel

Relationship:Multishipper

Played by:Aurora

Heaven only knows where you've been
But I don't really need to know, I know where you're gonna go
When Scott called he knew he needed to be on that mission over on Voeld. The angara were suffering through a serious beating from the Kett, their forces were being pushed back. While the planet was an unforgiving wasteland, it was rich in minerals and if they gave it up Kett would use it. A constant military presence was required to try and knock down defenses. The initiative sending some of their forces might be what it takes to save that planet from a total invasion.

Keeping on his feet, his arm was raised as he held onto something overhead. Apollo snapped from his thoughts of battle tactics when Phin piped up with a question. His head tilted towards her and he smiled softly. “Probably won’t be easy, but we’ll have your back.” If they go down it would be as a team. Now the real question came up and Apollo hummed in thought. “He’s been keeping in touch, I already warned him not to whine at us” Apollo had no sympathy, it was part of the job so he saw it as something to grin and bear. He says that now though. No sooner will he see Scotts pathetically sad puppy eyes he’ll cave a little.

The pilot called over, T-minus two minutes to landing. The smaller shuttle they were on was just a ferry between Voeld and the larger ships sent by the Initiative carrying a few other teams. “So Ryder should be meeting us planet-side to debrief us. Then we decide from there what our game plan is.” He leaned closer to give her a nudge. “It’s good seeing you again Phin. Maybe once this is over we go grab a coffee, or whatever it is they do on Voeld?” A little humor in his tone, though he was serious about them hanging out together when not on the clock. A lot had gone on in both their lives since the last time they hung out. Apollo wasn’t too outwardly affectionate but it wouldn’t stop him from letting people know he cared in small ways.

Apollo was in his thick insulated armor and had wrapped one of his tattered scarves around his neck. No helmet for the time being but that would likely change when they got to work. Once the hangar door opened they could step out into the freezing cold. His armor blinked furiously, warning him to find a heat source soon. He scanned for Scott with a slight frown. The younger pathfinder was supposed to have met them there.

Tag Seraphina DayneLocation Voeld - Jaws of Winter event
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

user posted image

How dangerous was this mission? Considering it was on Voeld which likely put them into direct contact with the Kett and whatever fucked up shit those bone aliens did, it was likely up in the ranks of 'taking on an architect' and 'trying to take cookies away from Scott Ryder'.

Phin should have been far more invested in helping the Angaran and ensuring that the Kett get pushed back but she'd be the first to admit that it wasn't the main reason she had joined the mission. Scott and Apollo were there, that was one reason and the other was because she had been banned from the Vortex bar on the Nexus for rowdy drunken behavior. When she didn't have her booze then she had far too much time to think and that just did not sit well with her. If she was going to be sober, she might as well have the adrenaline kick if nothing else.

Apollo was a comforting presence who did well to steady her nerves, he was a military professional while she was more half-hazard when it came to the whole tactics thing. She went with her gut and that had gotten her into her fair share of tight spots. "You can have my back, front and sides so long as I don't get Kettified." She said this with a half smile but it was obvious that she was nervous. There was only so many ways she could clean her sniper rifle without looking overly worried.

Phin laughed lightly and shook her head. "As if warning Scott will work. I'll just threaten to steal his clothes and make him walk around nake...actually no, he'd like that too much." No surprise given what a fox he actually was, he liked when other people looked from what she could tell. Phin felt her chest tighten somewhat when the pilot called out their landing, she had been before and yet she was still incredibly nervous. "Right, sounds like a plan."

The light nudge was enough to keep Phin from diving into her less than pleasant thoughts and she glanced up at him with a smile. "I don't do coffee but I would never say no to you Apollo." Aside from the occasional APEX mission and around the Nexus, Phin hadn't really gone out of her way to see either Apollo or Scott though she had her own personal reasons that had nothing to do with them. They were great people and she liked being around them, especially when they were naked...

Phin's own insulated armor was less than comfortable but it would do the job, especially as the hangar doors opened and the freezing cold leaked in. "Fucking fuck fuck..." She cursed under her breath as she grabbed her helmet and placed it over her head. Where the hell was Scott? "Please don't tell me our Pathfinder got lost on his way here..."

Apollo Peltier
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Profile:Explorer

Relationship:Manwhore

I may not ever get my shit together
But ain't nobody gonna love you better than me, yeah
Just five more minutes. Scott stayed as huddled up to the heat lamp by the doorway as physically possible. Voeld was a hellish icebox which everyone decided they needed to fight over. Yeah the Kett were bad and all that, but Voeld? Really? Couldn’t they have a bigger presence on Elaaden or somewhere a little warmer? He’d been here a few weeks already helping to fight the good fight. Scott was miserable. Homesick didn’t even begin to describe how much he missed being on the Nexus.

He’d watched as the shuttle had made it’s landing in the near distance. Was probably them, he stuck close to the lamp and waited. No job was worth giving up this heat source… then he spotted the pair coming into view across the landing pads. Scott switched the the channels initiative usually used for comms. “You’re getting warmer… sort of” he smirked, his arms were folded and he leaned up against the pole to the heating lamps. Only when they came and joined him in the heat did he greet them both.

Apollo went to greet them both but Scott was already pulling Phin into a hug. “We’re old friends, so glad you guys could make it here. Whole thing has been a logistical nightmare.” He pulled away from Phin and moved in to give Apollo the same hug. The older male interjected him and turned it into an awkward handshake. Scott thought it was awks anyway. Why didn’t he want a hug? Scott hadn’t seen him him forever. Did he do something wrong? The young pathfinder wore his heart on his sleeve so for a second the hurt showed.

The older male offered him a small smile and prompted Scott to continue with the topic of the kett. Which he did, gladly. Turning on his heel he walked off into the resistance base and wove through the tunnels as he talked. “Right… um well, I’ve not been here for it all. From what I’ve seen the kett are really taking them for a ride. We’ve lost a few of our own people too. They prefer to target us whenever they spot non-locals. Could be our better tech? Just a speculation. I got co-ords on the next compound we’re sweeping, my nomad is out front already. Once we’re out there we’ll need to work fast. Heat depletes pretty quickly.”

Tag Seraphina DayneLocation voeld - jaws of winter event
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

user posted image

Scott Ryder made it no secret that he detested the cold, she had heard it before during a separate mission what seemed like centuries ago. How he had been roped into going on this mission, she did have to wonder though she supposed it was mainly because of the whole 'pathfinder' thing. He had to do a number of things because of that title and Phin had to wonder if that bugged him more then he let on. Not that she bothered to ask, feelings weren't really the reason they were there.

Phin stuck close to Apollo as they exited the shuttle, looking around for the missing pathfinder. The insulated suit she wore was enough to keep her from immediately freezing to death but she swore under her breath in a few languages when they had gotten onto the planet because while she could handle it for a short time, she wasn't a cold weather kind of girl. Her sniper rifle was at her back, something that gave her some comfort as she caught sight of Ryder after his made his presence known via comms.

It never seemed to matter how long it had been since she had seen either Apollo or Scott, they were always happy to be around her, she even got a hug off Scott. He went in for a cuddle with Apollo but he seemed less keen to get in on the lovins. Oh well, his loss. If Phin noticed Scott's hurt, she did not let it show, instead stepping back in order to let Ryder explain the logistics of the mission. It involved Kett which meant it was going to be dangerous but nothing made a girl feel more alive then potential death.

If there was one thing that made Phin perk up, it was the mention of the nomad. She hoped she was allowed to drive, she loved driving nomads and she was pretty decent with them as well. "Before we head out, mind if I do a few minor modifications with your nomad?"

She knew some people got real funny when it came to their nomads but they weren't anything too major. "Don't worry, I ain't painting green flames on it or nothing. I've been working with some of the nomads back on the Nexus and I think I can maximize its speed and efficiency plus possibly make it maintain heat longer." She had prepared for this mission and hoped it would help. "Also can I drive? Please?"

Apollo Peltier & Scott Ryder

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Profile:Explorer

Relationship:Manwhore

I may not ever get my shit together
But ain't nobody gonna love you better than me, yeah
Scott gave her a perplexed look, he wasn’t overly attached to his nomad but wondered what she could possibly do to it. “Suuuuure, how long will it take?” he asked skeptically. It might give him chance to talk to Apollo about what the hell all that was about. Scott always hugged and kissed him on the cheek. That was their thing. Now he was just going to be overthinking that all mission if he didn’t open up about it soon. Scott might burst if he couldn’t.

He smiled sheepishly when she mentioned green flames, his nomad had been customized with the nebula paint job. Admittedly green flames sounded amazing but he didn’t want to tell her how right she was. He stopped at the mouth of the tunnel leading out to the cliff side, his nomad was the only one parked out there. “Alright deal. If you do your tweaks, with the promise of giving it green flames some other day, you can drive. Radio in when you’re done and we’ll head out okay?” He smiled at her widely, soon as she was heading off he caught Apollo’s arm and pulled him back. “Hey, what’s going on with you?”

Apollo stopped to look back to him, he shook his head. “Nothing's going on, if we’re working together we need to stay focused on the mission…” Scott wasn’t buying it and he gave a look which said as much. Apollo hesitated and sighed. “I almost lost someone last time I was out, I can’t lose you or Phin right now too. Save the romance for after the mission and what we’ve come here to do.” Apollo raised his arm to press his gloved hand against Scott's face and gave him a thin smile. Maybe Andrea was doing worse than what Scott thought. That hurt his heart, poor Apollo must be going through all kinds of shit in his head. He leaned into him but quickly parted and was fine to leave things at that. He was right, the mission was more important. Scott couldn’t help but feel like he needed to do something for Apollo though. He wished more than anything that he could take the older males pain away.

Soon enough Phin was radioing in while they picked up a couple supplies from the angaran traders in the base. Scott was the first to hop in, grinning as he greeted her. “Oh my god. What the hell did you do to my heater?! It actually feels toasty in here! Maybe I’ll be able to feel my toes again while we’re in the vehicle.” He could cry happy tears this was so nice. He’d been miserable in the cold for too long. “Why didn’t you guys come sooner I’ve been so cold” he half whined. Apollo dropped down in a seat between Scott and Phin and buckled up. “Oh, by the way Phin, I picked you up a couple plasma grenades. Use them wisely. Just a thanks for making my nomad all pretty and wonderful. So, uh, thank you.” He reached out to pass her the items then buckled up himself. Kett compound here they come! Scott tossed the coords from his omnitool to the nomad for the systems to coordinate them a path. “Let's roll!”

Tag Seraphina DayneLocation voeld - jaws of winter event
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

user posted image

Despite her sniper skills, Phin saw herself as an engineer first and foremost, that was her passion and hoped that was what she was most known for. That and throwing wrenches at people who annoyed her though she did significantly less wrench throwing as of late, choosing to work on her own whenever possible. Taking a look at Scott's nomad was a way of reminding them of just how awesome she was and give them a little time on their own since she had a feeling they needed a minute or two.

How long would it take? Phin shrugged and offered him a lopsided grin. "You know the rules, Ryder. You can't rush genius." Green flames another day, she could do something with that. "Deal."

With that said and done, the brunette headed off to find his nomad and tinker around with it. From the scematics, it was no different really then others she had worked on before which was a relief, it meant that what she planned on doing would work so long as there were no extenuating circumstances. As she worked on the nomad, she couldn't help but feel curious about the relationship between Scott and Apollo. Lovers maybe? Wouldn't be hard to believe since both seemed like big time manwhores. Not that it bothered Phin but she was curious just the same.

Would she be alright on the mission? She hoped to whatever higher being listened that she would be able to maintain focus without her damnable headaches. What if she blacked out...

No, she wouldn't let that happen. She didn't know what went on during those long stretches of time but she did know that she was capable of killing without any memory later on and the thought of putting either Apollo or Scott in danger... Maybe she should have just stayed on the Nexus.

No good dwelling on it now! She was on a mission and she had to get her head in the game. The nomad took no time at all really to modify and soon she was waiting in a nice warm nomad for the guys to show up. The first thing they would see would be Phin in the driver's seat with a shit-eating grin on her face, she knew she did a damn good job and had already patted herself on the back and crowned herself Queen Engineer. Scott's gratitude was appreciated just the same but nowhere near as much as the grenades he handed her. "Sweet! I needed more stuff that made things go boom."

She was ready to rock and once the coordinates were loaded into the navi-computer, they were on the way! "So, how do you guys know each other?" She couldn't help but ask because she was nosy and conversation was essential to steading her nerves...and she was nosy.

Apollo Peltier & Scott Ryder

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Profile:Sentinel

Relationship:Multishipper

Heaven only knows where you've been
But I don't really need to know, I know where you're gonna go
The older male raised an eyebrow at the pair discussing the nomad. Green flames was definitely in line with what he imagined Scott would have on his own vehicle. Apollo didn’t have one of his own, opting to stick to APEX issued equipment when it was needed. It didn’t surprise him that Scott preferred his own equipment. Hell the guy had a broken cryopod put him into a coma for a short while. Not always trusting tech was a smart thing.

Apollo kept quiet and let them hash it out. They were out of the icy wind and his suit was no longer screeching any warnings. While Phin got to work Scott used it as an opportunity to nab Apollo with some reasonable concerns. He hated seeing the guy look so hurt, and did wish he could kiss it all away. They needed to be realistic though. Mission first, whatever comes after was a much needed bonus. With Scott looking more settled after they talked their heads got back to the mission at hand. Stocking up on supplies was always good. Omnigels, ammo. The resistance had little in the way of spare supplies so they got what they could. Scott even picked some bits out for Phin. Apollo chipped in too but let Scott take credit.

Sure enough getting all settled into the back of the nomad they were ready to go. It was a bittersweet feeling for Apollo to be starting off on a mission. Him and Andrea had done the same thing, all full of wistful optimism. The work was gruelling and not always a pretty sight. Apollo just wished it hadn’t have been Andrea who’d gotten hurt.

The question Phin piped up with certainly did its job of snapping him out of his spiralling thoughts. He exchanged a side eye with Scott and they both smiled. Apollo managed to speak up before Scott went off on some highly descriptive tirade. “It was my birthday and Scott’s a friend of Vals… so naturally they surprised me with a threesome.” He was very matter of fact and Phin knows exactly what he meant when he talked about Vals surprises. Scott snorted and wiggled his eyebrows with a singsong voice to Phin “And now he can’t get rid of me-eee.” Not like there was anything Apollo would ever want to get rid of. He loved the people in his life and had a very unique connection to each person he spent time with. Apollo was capable of loving more than one person, he just wasn’t all that vocal about it.

He knew if he wanted to solidify everything was okay with Scott he’d need to reassure him they’d do something together soon. Apollo wasn’t half bad at planning dates but they’d never be overly cute or… romantic. Scott was always the more openly romantic type, so he’d likely ‘improve’ on whatever idea Apollo suggests. “Either one of you, let me know when we’re close to the compound?” he questioned out loud while pulling out his gun to go over some of the new toys he’d brought to play with. Apollo focused more on that than checking where navigations were taking them. That was Phins job.

Tag Seraphina DayneLocation Voeld - Jaws of Winter event
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Voting & Affiliates
RPG-D Reignite UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Vector Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum
GODS AMONG MEN HG Top RP Sites RP Lovers RPGfix
Shadowplay Candyland Couture a resource community Distant Fantasies Code 8
As always, thank you from us here at JTTS.