CREDITS
CHARACTER LEVEL
NEXT LVL XP
Nexus LVL 19
NEXT LVL 1655 A.V.P.
Journey to
Mass Effect Andromeda Roleplay
the Stars

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Amateurs, Tag: Sara Ryder
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Asari

Profile:Sentinel

Relationship:Coco Harpoon

Played by:Ellie

Peebee had been exploring the planet of Eos for months now. The first month was her spending all her time in hiding as she was woken early by Kalindra. Staying in some small crappy Nexus apartment while Kalindra tried to find her some identifying papers. It was awfully boring and she had begun to regret coming the Andromeda, what's the point of leaving one galaxy for another if you can't explore it?

Once Kalindra had found Peebee some papers, the Nexus Uprising happened and Peebee left as quickly as possible. Unlike Peebee, Kalindra joined the rebels and that was the last time they ever spoke. Now Peebee has been spending all her time finding new Remnant ruins and finding more technology to research.

Peebee had been studying this specific Remnant ruin for quite some time now, something about it was... different, the Remnants treated it with more importance. There were two other Rem-ruins that were identical to this one and not too far away, there was a secret behind these things and she was going to find out what it was.

That's when she heard a nomad approach, looking behind her she saw that it carried Andromeda Initiative paint. It most likely belonged to the people that came down from the ship, but just to be safe Peebee still hid away, letting the person wander the ruins. She knew that face from somewhere, it took her some time but she eventually made the face out from the newly arrived human Ark, she was a human Pathfinder, Sara Ryder. At least the Initiative was good at one thing: getting news out.

Peebee was amazed how the Pathfinder began to jump around, scanning glyphs that had not appeared for Peebee, she would've found 'em if it had worked for her scanner. Then Sara came back down and began fiddling with the remnant interface.

That's when Peebee came out of hiding, she wasn't gonna let someone discover whatever these ruins were built for without her, regardless of the person being a Pathfinder or not she found these ruins first. "Wait!" She yelled, running towards them and tackling her to the ground, smiling as she stood on top of her, always a good spot to be. "I've been studying these ruins for months. I don't know how you activated those glyphs, but you can’t just go around fiddling with stuff like that, the Remnants aren't gonna like it. Trust me, okay?" Peebee got off the Pathfinder and helped her up. "Right, I know - who am I? I'm Peebee. It's obvious who you are, saw the news and the ship, you're a Pathfinder. I thought the Initiative made you guys up so people wouldn't lose hope about this nightmare of a trip. But... you're real, huh? Good to know. I guess."

--------------------
user posted image
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Human

Profile:Explorer

Relationship:Available

Played by:Orchid

Eos was a desert, a desert with life and strange alien formations. How many lives were lost here due to Tann’s ignorance? Or was it Addison’s? Dammit, Sara wished the Hyperion could have gotten here sooner… Think of the lives they could have saved! She gritted her teeth as she drove the Nomad to the nearest strange building. A signal had been coming from it, it caught SAM’s attention and thus it caught hers too.

Scanning proved to be worthwhile—though it almost always did, really!—as strange glyphs were revealed to her. Odd shapes almost as if it were a language or some sort of sign. She tilted her head to the side as she scanned and examined the area. The glyphs led to one place, that strange thing in the center of these ruins! She apprehensively approached, her footsteps careful as she fiddled with the device.

The glyphs she’d just scanned showed up. Clearly a puzzle of some sort and she found herself smiling as she input the proper glyphs. Not even two heartbeats after she’d input the last glyph, a voice caught her attention. She snapped her head to the side just in time to see an asari coming at her! Sara went to defend herself with a display of biotics but it was too late. The asari had her… Sara hit the ground with a soft oof.

She should have bashed this woman’s face in. And she was about to struggle when things went rather strangely. Was… was the… talking? What? She figured she was getting attacked, not meeting some weird sort of researcher! She talked and talked… and friggin’ talked. Well, better than attacking her, right?

Her brow furrowed and her nostrils flared. “I have no… Remnant?” Weren’t the aliens called Kett? What were Remnant? “I’m, uh, I’m real.. Pe-Peebee…” Sara tilted her head a bit to look at the person who’d tackled her as if she were some sort of linebacker in a game of football. “You can clearly tell by the fact you are squishing me.” People knew of her? People who somehow lived in this desert death hole?

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

"Remnant," Peebee began as the woman questioned the word. "It's the name I gave to the virtual intelligent robots that patrol these types of ruins. The remnants of whoever the species was that built both them and these ruins." She smiled. "It's a really simple name when you think about it - straight to the point.

[b]"Heh, right."
She let out a small laugh as the woman pointed our her existence. "I suppose you seem squishy enough to be real." The asari stood from atop the woman.

"We're not the only ones interested in these ruins," continued Peebee. "The kett have been both here and to other ruins across Eos. That goes for me as well... and now you." She looked at the woman again. "Talking about interests, what are you doing here? What does a Pathfinder need from ruins and VI? You know, considering you had no idea what I was talking about."

"Is there something the Initiative knows about them that I don't?" She persisted. She wasn't about to let someone steal her months of work, even if it was a Pathfinder. Peebee had worked far too for it to be taken from her. "I got to these things before anyone else. If you're here for something then I'm coming with you. I worked too hard to have my research stolen from me!"

--------------------
user posted image
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Allies came from unlikely places. She’d learned that from a rather young age running around on the Citadel with Scott and even during her time with the Alliance. Now, she simply needed to know… Was this Peebee a friend too? Judging by the fact she didn’t have a bullet hole in her or was being crushed—excluding the tackling that near squished her organs out—she figured so! Sara gave a single nod every few sentences to let her attacker know she was listening.

What did she want with the Remnant and ruins? “Honestly? I’m not too sure yet. There is a signal coming from here,” She said looking around the ruins she’d messed with. “I found the glyph thingies with help from my SAM.” Sara was no researcher; this sort of thing wasn’t her forte by any means! That didn’t mean she didn’t have questions or interests in learning what this construct was.

“Volunteering yourself for whatever it is I’ll probably regret doing?” The Pathfinder said with her mouth twitching into a smile. “All right, Peebee. If you are as knowledgeable as you say… I’ll accept you shadowing me.” She gave a casual wink and bubble of laughter. “My father, um, he found something like this on Habitat 7. SAM recognized it.”

She didn’t know what it did. Would it always cause death and destruction? If she activated it, would she die like her father…? Swallowing hard, Sara refocused on the task at hand. “Are there others like this?”

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

"You just get a random signal from the other side of the planet and you go to it blindly without knowing what it is?| Peebee asked the Pathfinder. "I like your style. If no one knows what it is then no one has found it before. That's why I'm in Andromeda: to find the unknown. We'll get along just fine, as long as you don't try to take credit for my findings." In other words, stay as the sidekick and we'll get along just fine.

"Your SAM?" Asked Peebee. "I don't know what a SAM is but it helped you find those glyphs so its good in my book. And useful." Whatever could get this asari closer to the Remnant and discovering more of the mysteries and technological advancements that they had to offer was useful to her and would remain in a positive friendship until they didn't.

Shadowing her? She'd be the sidekick here. Nevertheless, she needed to be on good terms with the Pathfinder. "Good," she said simply. "We're going to need each other if we plan on getting anywhere with these Remnants and the Rem-tech. You need my expertise and I need that SAM. It'll be a mutual friendship."

"There are other monoliths like this," she answered the woman's question. "Three in total, if you count this one. And look." Peebee grabbed the Pathfinders forearm and ran to the cliff, where they saw the other monoliths and the entirety of the desert that surrounded them. "Do you see it? At the center of the small island. There's some kind of ruin there as well. I investigated it but... I couldn't find anything. I'm guessing it has to do with these monoliths considering it's at the center.."

"You activated this one.. somehow. That means we can activate the others. I don't know what it'll do but you said you found these type of ruins on another planet, right? They must have something in common."

But what could it be? What could these ruins have in common with ones on another planet? Maybe they did the same thing? It didn't matter. There was only one way to find out and that was to investigate it yourself.

"Come on," Peebee said, running towards the woman's nomad. "Let's figure out what these ruins are for!"

--------------------
user posted image
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Well, yes, actually, she did! It seemed important. Was she wrong? Clearly not! Sara ended up smiling at the ‘I like your style’ part. Most people might call her style reckless. It might be a touch reckless, but it worked for her. After all, it brought her to this self-proclaimed expert. They were discussing things, making progress Sara thought! She’d been prepared to go her separate ways and meet Peebee.

Instead Peebee volunteered herself to Sara’s Nomad! She gave her a look of shock and awe, her nostrils flaring and brows rising. What sort of crazy asari had she stumbled upon?! She ran her fingers through her hair. Well, time to suit up and go, apparently! She followed a few steps behind Peebee. The asari had pointed out some things of interest. Things Sara would take them to.

“Would you like to drive to or…?” She sassed as she jogged up to the Nomad and the impromptu visitor. She slipped into her Nomad, finding her tag along already in. “SAM, set course for the nearest ruin matching this one.” Sara spoke aloud and a voice answered in return. “Yes, Pathfinder, plotting course.

Sara was a delightful driver. She’d only failed her driving test twice before actually passing… Sorry Peebee! She had gotten better over the years but she could still toss someone around, the trip would be bumpy but quick. Sara had a lead foot.

“How did you even get out here?” She ultimately asked while driving, taking the turns sharply.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

"Nope." She told the Pathfinder, simply. "You can go ahead and drive us there. Driving is... boring, I suppose." Peebee made herself comfortable in the nomad's passenger seat.

The asari had been sitting there for a few seconds before Sara followed her inside the vehicle. The Pathfinder then spoke to herself, which was something that Peebee would have been somewhat worried about had a voice within the nomad not answer back. "So that was SAM? Interesting." She thought.

After Sara began driving Peebee was feeling a little more stressed. As much as the asari enjoyed adventure, she didn't enjoy it when it could definitely mean her life. After a trio of very dangerous turns, jumps, and bumps from the dangerous drive, Peebee quickly tied on her seat belt. At least this way if anything happened, she'd have somewhat of a chance.

"You're um... She began before being interrupted by a sharp turn. "Not the best driver are you?"

"How did I get out here?" She asked herself. "Well the simple answer is that I borrowed a shuttle from the Nexus, now don't worry, no one's going to miss it. It'll have far more use with me than it would sitting back on that ship." Borrowed was also not the word to be used, but fuck it, who cared? "And then you know, I took it all the way out here."

"So," she brought the conversation back to the task at hand. "Let's just head to these monoliths and do what you did with the one behind us. Then we'll see what happens."

--------------------
user posted image
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Sara had no delusions on her driving ability. She watched from her peripheral has her newest Nomad passenger reached for the seat belt, clicking it into place. Hey, she couldn’t blame her. The driving skills of the Pathfinder were legitimately questionable at best. At least Peebee had the balls to say something. Right? Some people might just swallow that thought and let her ‘think’ she was the best driver to come from the Milky Way!

“I, I am not, no.” Sara laughed at the comment. It was true!

With her hands on the wheel of the Nomad, her attention deviated for just a moment from the path before them to Peebee. She stole a shuttle! Her expression was of shock but that quickly faded into a grin and her attention returned to the view of Eos. Shit, of course she did. Nothing about this asari seemed normal. Tackling people, volunteering themselves, jumping in foreign Nomads… Well, at least she was dedicated.

Peebee brought the conversation back to the task and she nodded in agreement. “How about we just… don’t tell anybody you stole a shuttle. Easier for all of us.” She suggested quite seriously although hints of a smile could be seen. “What did they do for you when you tried to interact with them?”

That seemed an important question. The second Monolith was approaching, and she could maybe see first hand how it reacted to Peebee versus herself and SAM.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

manly

"Yeah..." Peebee began, holding onto the grab handle as the nomad bumped around and took sharp turns. "It's pretty obvious. You're lucky these things are made to last in abuse like this or else we'd be stranded out here."

"Agreed," Peebee replied at the mention of keeping the stolen shuttle to themselves. "Although the word 'stolen' might not be the best way to describe it. I was going to bring it back, I swear... eventually."

The asari thought of all the times that she had tried to figure out what the monoliths did, why the Remnants protected them so, why they were so important. "Well, I didn't have the glyphs," she began. "So it was manly guess work. Nothing worked. When I tried to activate the interface it made the Remnants pretty pissed." She still had the marks to prove it. "So instead I stayed back and studied the monoliths and how the Remnants worked along with it. That's when I learned that the Remnants weren't made to kill, they were made to maintain what these ruins are, by whoever their creators and architects are. The Remnants are only programmed to attack when they or what they are meant to protect are threatened."

"Because let's admit, the Remnant's weapons are pretty bad, they hurt -- a lot, but they aren't meant for war. And the armor that they have, it's not to resist attacks, it's to resist the abuse that they suffer from the planet's harsh environment as well as other natural occurrences such as rock slides. Believe me - I've see a huge boulder fall on a Remnant and it was able to survive with minimal damage. When people go around destroying these Remnants, they're no destroying war machines - they're destroying workers."

Peebee resisted to continue, not only was she getting carried away, but she was also not going to reveal her entire research and discovers to Sara, even if she was a Pathfinder. "Alright so here's the second monolith." Pointed out the asari as they reached the ruins. "Go ahead and do your Pathfinder thing, would you?"

--------------------
user posted image
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

How interesting! Sara may not be overly invested in technology, but she did learn a great deal from her mother back on the Citadel. Technology interested her, history and architecture interested her. Why else would she always be so excited for the Prothean digs she was assigned to? It fascinated her. Listening to Peebee talk about the Remnant and their duties made her grin widely. Peebee clearly took this thing seriously. She watched and observed these robots. Was she a researcher then? Or simply someone who was obsessed with them?

The idea that removing a Remnant from play was like removing a worker was a different perspective on it. She didn’t think of that! It just showed how they were different. Sara came to the second monolith and turned off the Nomad. She gave a scoff that turned into a bit of a laugh. “You coming or are you going to observe from afar? I’m a better Pathfinder than I am driver.”

Or so she hoped. God, she reaaaaaaally hoped or they were super mega fucked. She slipped out of the Nomad quickly and waited for Peebee’s answer. If her asari companion didn’t want to come, she’d do this with the aid of SAM. Otherwise, a bit of company from a person—no offense SAM!—would be nice too.

She didn’t need Peebee, however, to scan the glyphs and do her thing. She started off without Peebee, she’d either follow or not. Up to her entirely. Regardless, Sara had some glyphs to find! Who knew what this weird construct might do? It looked nothing like the Prothean ruins she’d seen, that was her only experience with ancient aliens.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

"I suppose if you insist," said Peebee, stepping out of the nomad. "There's nothing that you can do at the monolith with or without me, you know." Although the asari didn't care about that, she was most likely going to head to the monolith either way, to figure out how this SAM and Sara find the glyphs around the ruined monoliths, how this SAM managed to actually interface with the Remnant monolith, it was all truly amazing. She needed to know how it worked.

"Show me how you do it, Pathfinder," she teased. "I'm sure if you;re a worse driver than Pathfinder that you have something to teach me, right? I'm dying to know how you manage to activate these monoliths."

Peebee pulled out her sidewinder in case they met some Remnants who were far more protective than the usual. There were indeed some Remnants but they didn't seem to notice they were there. Peebee quickly grabbed Sara's arm before she stepped any closer.

"I need you to do me a favor," Peebee said as convincingly as she possibly could. "Put your weapon away and casually walk to the monolith. Don't get too close to the Remnants and collect the glyphs around the ruins." While Sara would be doing this, Peebee would sit back and observe the Remnant. "I wonder if the Remnants will be hostile to you if you know how to activate the monoliths. Don't worry, if they begin to attack you I'll have your back."

"So.. what do you think?" Peebee asked. "Go in guns blasting and kill all of the workers or try to figure a way to work along them and understand them?" Peebee really hoped that Sara would choose the scientific approach.

--------------------
user posted image
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

They wouldn’t attack unless threatened? Okay, she could handle that. Sara headed towards the second monolith with her new companion by her side. “I am a much better Pathfinder than driver, I promise.” She laughed at the comment and jogged a little. The quicker this was done, the quicker she could avoid radiation and get back to the Tempest. “Weapons away, okay.”

Sara was a biotic. She didn’t exactly need a gun to do damage or handle an enemy. Naturally she had to assume this might be a trap and felt herself become on edge as a result. What sane person put away their weapons at the word of a relative stranger? Sara fucking Ryder. Peebee asked how they should do it. Sara wasn’t going to assume the Remnants would obey her commands, she could scan glyphs, not command a robot army.

As much as going in with their weapons drawn sounded easier, she would not be her mother’s daughter if she didn’t take the scientific option. The hand that had subconsciously inched towards her holstered weapon fell back to her side, much laxer now.

“No weapons, see what SAM can tell us about them between glyph hunting.” She ultimately had the same opinion as Peebee. “SAM, we are doing it again. Record the interactions with the bots and the glyphs.” Hey, if it was as impossible as Peebee said, a recording and log of it might help someone figure these damn structures out!

“Acknowledged, Ryder.” A voice spoke back as they approached. She opened the scanning tool on her omni-tool, scanning the Remnant from a fair distance as they scanned and floated about. “Something tells me, if they scan me, all bets are off, right?” It seemed noises didn’t quite attract them or else they’d have been attacked when they pulled up!

With her scanning still active, she could find the links attaching the glyphs to the console. She kept a fair distance from the Remnant, her omni-tool leading her to the first glyph. “Can you see this?” She asked of her companion as she could very easily see the glyph as her omni-tool and SAM scanned and revealed it to her.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

"I'll hold you to that promise, Pathfinder." Peebee told her.

Most people couldn't appreciate technology when they saw it. They saw robots and instead of seeing the bigger picture and examining them for the secrets that they hide, the people shoot them. Either for scrap to sell for Credits or because they're scared. Peebee supposed that the Geth left that permanent distrust in the people of the Milky Way.

Peebee was somewhat concerned for the woman when she began talking to herself but eventually a slightly robotic voice responded to Sara through the Pathfinder's Omni-Tool. "Thanks for listening to me, Sara, it's hard to find people out here that'll go down the scientific path. The benefits are far more rewarding than going with your instincts and... shooting up the place."

"Pretty much," admitted Peebee. "The Remnants scan what ever they see. Sometimes they even scan each other. I'd recommend not letting the scan you. That could be how they determine whether or not you belong around the Remnants and the ruins." Peebee paused. "Well, that and shooting them like most people do."

When Peebee approached Sara Ryder and looked through her Omni-Tool scanner, the asari was astounded. She could see the glyph, they had never appeared for her before, she had scanned the ruins from bottom to top, side to side, every inch of the location. "I can," she told the Pathfinder. "It's amazing. All of these glyphs, hidden right underneath my nose."

"I'm going to have to start deciphering what they mean." She took a picture of the glyph with her Omni-Tool. "This is fascinating!"

--------------------
user posted image
LEVEL:
CREDITS:

Just as she guessed, they wouldn’t attack unless they scanned you or you shot them. She had no intentions of being scanned or using her weapons. That was unless they came at her! At that point, it’d be just self-defense. Luckily, they seemed to be quite passive and paid the two intruders no mind. Thank God for that… She watched Peebee’s expression as the glyphs were shown through her omni-tool, through SAM’s intervention.

Peebee almost seemed speechless. Almost. Could she really not have seen it? Her SAM was special, if she was to believe what she was told by SAM itself—himself?—but it seemed to be right! Sara had requested the scanning and all results be recorded. Not for herself, obviously. Maybe for the Nexus later on if she thought they’d benefit from what she and SAM see. The main motivation for recording it was Peebee herself. This seemed to be her passion, these Remnant and their old buildings.

If the asari was going to help Sara, then it seemed only right to help back! “I’ll have SAM send you the recording. We have….” She did a quick count. “two more to find. Then I can interact with that… thingie.” She waved a hand towards the console in the center of the ancient ruins. “The Protheans were nothing like this, nothing worked… How long has this place been abandoned?” She spoke aloud though she aimed to speak mostly to herself.

It couldn’t have been long. Either way, she had a few questions about the Remnant. Questions Peebee could answer. Maybe not now though, eventually! She followed the pathways SAM highlighted through her omni-tool to the next glyph and then the next. The glyphs were all different (obviously). She needed to input them into the console and do her best not to royally fuck up… again.

LEVEL:
CREDITS:

"Good," said Peebee simply at Sara sending her the recording from SAM. "It's about time I get somewhere with these damn monoliths. Without your SAM I don't think I could've ever gotten this far. I guess I owe one, Sara, thanks." Peebee stood, looking around. The Remnants didn't seem to be paying any attention to them, which was a good sign, her theory was making solid ground. This was good, the amount of information that they could gather by keeping the Remnants alive, er... unbroken? Anyways, the information that they could gather would be astonishing.

"Right," Peebee continued. "Two more glyphs and we activate the interface. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling excited for what the monoliths will do once we activate them all."

"Ha, Protheans," Been there done that. "They're boring. So many people have tried to uncover their 'secrets', it's not fun when so many people are after them. Especially when so much of their culture and history, and ya-da ya-da has already been discovered." She gestured her hands to show Sara the Remnant ruins. "The Remnants, however, are far more intriguing. There's only a few dozen people after them and next to nothing is known about them. It gets my curiosity wet." She laughed.

Peebee looked around at the ruins as Sara's question lingered in her head. "Not too sure how long these have been here. Maybe not too long, the Initiative's telescopes or however they find the Golden Worlds didn't detect these ruins. But again they were probably not strong enough to detect something on a planet that was two point five million light years away." The asari pointed towards the Remnants. "But again, you have these guys taking care of the ruins. So really, who knows how old this place is? Let alone how long it's been abandoned."

Peebee and Sara eventually reached the ruins' interface. "Show me how it's done, Pathfinder." Sara placed her hand on the console and began pressing buttons, the glyphs appearing on the console one by one. "Huh..." she thought for a moment, letting Sara finish. The console eventually activated, the buttons pressing down and the monolith lighting up, sending a beam of light off into the horizon.

That's when the remnants in the ruins turned on them and began shooting at the duo. "Oh, shit!" Peebee used her biotics to jump up, dodging the bullets. Her sidewinder quickly detached from her hip and she opened fire.

Too bad for her theory.

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Voting & Affiliates
RPG-D Reignite UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Vector Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum
GODS AMONG MEN HG Top RP Sites RP Lovers RPGfix
Shadowplay Candyland Couture a resource community Distant Fantasies Code 8
As always, thank you from us here at JTTS.