The FAQ
LEVEL:
CREDITS:
Species:Admin

Profile:Infiltrator

Relationship:-Error-

Played by:The Council

The FAQ
Can't find an answer to your question here? Comment below with it!
Guest friendly thread!
HOW DOES TIME AND TIMELINES WORK?
Journey to the Stars is starting in the year 2819. Time such as hours in a day, or months in a year, will vary from planet to planet. However, the Nexus and their ships will run on a default 24-hour pattern. The angaran calendar also uses a seven day week. The days are named Sabay, Tef, Vaa, Ema, Roa, Fev, and Bav.

As for the timeline of the site, it's more fluid. Your character can be in multiple threads and places. As long as your ability permits, you can have many simultaneous threads! We'll post in the site missions any upcoming main plot developments for your character to participate in so don't miss out!

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

CAN I JOIN IF I AM UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE?
Yes you can, just as long as you let your fellow roleplayers know before writing any mature content. Not everyone will be comfortable doing so, so please respect their choice.
IS THERE CURRENTLY ANY RESTRICTIONS FOR A GENDER OR SPECIES OF A CHARACTER I MAKE?
Angarian, Asari, Humans, Kett, Krogan, Salarian, Turian, Quarian, Geth, Drell, Hanar, Elcor, Volus, Batarian, Vorcha and Yahg are the available species to play. Please try to do as much research yourself into these as you can, though we don't expect you to be an expert or anything.

As for ratios, you're free to pick and choose whatever gender or species you want to play. We won't be restricting what you can make. Just as long it's from the available species and ties into their respective lore.

I CAN PLAY AS THE FREAKING KETT?!
Hell yes, you can! We love members who enjoy playing as an antagonist. The more conflict the better! We believe there is a whole lot of plot potential with a played Kett over an NPC. So many possibilities, just remember to read up on them!

Below are the types of Kett you can play:
► Chosen - Standard kett soldiers who accompany and support more specialized units; exalted from angara.
► Anointed - Kett shock troopers equipped kinetic barriers that wield plasma mini-guns; exalted from angara.
► Destined - Cloaked kett squad leaders armed with energy based shotguns; "ancestral kett" exalted from a species beyond the Heleus Cluster.
► Ascendant - Kett commanders who use energy barriers as both defensive and offensive weapons; exalted from a species beyond the Heleus Cluster, but enhanced with the angaran trait of bioelectricity manipulation.

CAN I MAKE MY OWN ORIGINAL SPECIES?
Sadly, no. Creating a whole lore for an entirely new species is long and complicated. So for the time being we'll just be sticking with what we know. You can, however, head-canon some locations, worlds, animals, npcs and the like.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MILKY WAY GALAXY?
As it stands currently, we have no canon ending for the original Mass Effect trilogy. Though we expect as the site progresses this will change.

The fate of the Milky Way will be left to the characters. Reapers were just a rumor when the initiative left, communications were lost with the Milky Way, and the final comm logs are encrypted in SAM node. A mission will eventually be made available to progress this.

Update: The Quarian Ark has been discovered in 2120 which brings news of Reapers attacking Earth and Palaven. Check out site missions #41 to #46 for quarian ark related goodness!

WHAT ARE MISSIONS? HOW DO I EARN CREDITS, XP, AVP OR SP?
The Nexus will issue missions, similar to writing prompts, which can be threaded out with your character and others. This is where you will find game missions and also some of our own AU missions. Some missions will directly affect the sites plot development depending on what your character does. You can find all active missions available in the Mission Logs forum.

Missions will also be a way for your character to earn Credits, XP, A.V.P. & SP
TL;DR Credits are automatically given when posting. You can collect experience points by posting in Claiming Character XP. A.V.P is automatically added once XP has been claimed. Lastly, skill points are gained when you level up or purchased in the Merchants Kiosk.

LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION - HOW DOES THAT WORK IF DIFFERENT CHARACTERS SPEAK DIFFERENT LANGUAGES?
The Andromeda Initiative have universal translators built into their implants which are coded to understand the languages of all species known within the Initiative. It's also programmed to adapt to new languages when exposed to them, such as Angaran and the Remnant technology. Highly advanced and allows for everyone to converse without barriers.
ARE CHARACTER DEATHS ALLOWED HERE?
Canons (characters from the games) we would prefer to keep alive in case anyone else might want to pick them up in the future. Originals and NPCs you're free to kill to your hearts content.
I WANT MY CHARACTER TO HAVE A CHILD; CAN I DO THAT?
This doesn't need to be run by staff, you're completely fine to do a pregnancy plot. Just keep in mind not everyone will want them or want to be involved with characters who have them. We do require both parents of the pregnancy to be fully on board before any are created, so talk to your fellow roleplayer.

If you're planning to create a character with a child already, any under the age of 14 will need to be NPC'd rather than being their own account.

CAN MY CHARACTER COME FROM ONE OF THE ARKS?
Yes, some of the undiscovered Arks ejected their pods due to an emergency protocol (possibly scourge or kett related). So your character could start out somewhere outside of the Nexus or any of the Arks.

Please note: Until the site's timeline is updated with the Arks discovery, your character wouldn't know of its location. Missions will eventually be made available to progress this.

CAN I PLAY A CANON FROM THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY?
Yes you can, though you'll need to get creative when you explain why they joined the Initiative.

The only character we have banned from being playable is Shepard. Everyone else is good to go. If you do play someone who knew Shepard, please try to be ambiguous about the commander. Officially on site they have no set gender or background so please don't canonize one.

IS MY CHARACTER ALLOWED TO BE A SPECTRE, N7 OPERATIVE, OR ASARI COMMANDO?
Definitely! These are positions which held high ranking back in the Milky Way, so we do expect those who take the position to have a more descriptive backstory.

Be mindful about power-playing too. Here, a characters power / biotics / strength will be based on their level, not by their occupation or history.

SOMEONE IS PLAYING A CHARACTER WHICH IS DOING SOME THINGS WRONG! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
With the huge amount of lore there is to the Mass Effect franchise, not everyone will know everything. Just keep in mind a canon doesn't need to be exactly like their game counterpart, and an original can change up how the canon gameplay would have been. We even have our own headcanon directory for members to world build and create some more original stuff (locations, npcs, etc) in the JTTS universe!

If something is really bothering you though, please do not confront the person directly or make a fuss about it in the chatbox. Contact staff directly about your concerns and let us deal with it.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RPG-D Reignite UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Vector Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum
GODS AMONG MEN HG Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Topsites RP Lovers RPGfix
Shadowplay Candyland Couture a resource community Distant Fantasies Code 8
As always, thank you from us here at JTTS.